U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2008, 05:38 PM

17 posts, read 67,504 times

Advertisements

Hi.I'm a quarter horse trainer planning to move to Kentucky to take advantage of the Kentucky Breeders Trust.I plan to stand several stallions and to accept outside horses for training and sales fitting.I am curious as to the best areas for buying 80+ acres with a decent home and also the cost of building an indoor arena of approximately 150x250.I am moving from southern california and hope to have my facility sold and be able to move by winter.Any advice is appreciated
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2008, 06:03 PM

4,823 posts, read 12,297,841 times
noslide... Your best land value will be south-central Kentucky. Use Casey County as a pivot point and fan southwest around to Pulaski County. You will also find good value in Bath, Fleming, Robertson, Nicholas stand out too.

You will loose all the amenities of large towns such as Lexington, Louisville, Bowling Green, etc. but thats where the land is available. A good third choice is Henry/Owen/Trimble.

Old 09-03-2008, 05:27 PM

1 posts, read 4,238 times
Im a team roper in ky and it seems that there is more roping in lexington,or right over the river in indana. henry or trimble would be a good location or even elisabith town.there are a lot of roper in In so u could get that buissnes to.There is a rodeo team in murry ky at murry collage so there might be alot of roping there. what US number are you.

Old 09-05-2008, 12:38 PM

47 posts, read 175,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomocox View Post
noslide... Your best land value will be south-central Kentucky. Use Casey County as a pivot point and fan southwest around to Pulaski County. You will also find good value in Bath, Fleming, Robertson, Nicholas stand out too.

You will loose all the amenities of large towns such as Lexington, Louisville, Bowling Green, etc. but thats where the land is available. A good third choice is Henry/Owen/Trimble.
I'm sure these are the best land value areas, but as someone who lives in Phoenix, AZ, and looks at real estate in KY, I can tell you, Noslide, that you will have ZERO problem finding 80 acres, with a house, for less than half of what you will sell your property for in SoCal (where I grew up and can't move back to because of the cost of property - any property). You will be completely, totally, stunned at the absolutely beautiful property you can buy in the Lexington area, compared to what you have in SoCal. There are several brokers in the area specializing in horse properties (mostly TB, though), but you can probably hunt around on Realtor.com and find listings and brokers that way. Use the advanced search feature and narrow it down to what you want.

Very best of luck in finding what works best for you! I'm jealous! I'm a TB stallion owner and breeder, dreaming of the day I can be your neighbor!

p.s. Do any barrel racing?

Old 09-06-2008, 07:34 AM

4,823 posts, read 12,297,841 times
Folks, depending on how deep your pockets are, there is a horse community here in Oldham County that may already have your needs met. Several properties have stables built, land and mid-upper level homes already built.

Old 09-10-2008, 08:28 AM

Sorry it's taken so long to respond.However the reason is that I've been in Lexington lol.We've decided on georgetown,paris,midway or the surrounding areas .Maybe even frankfurt.My wife will be most likely working in web design in Lexington.I can now narrow my choices.We haven't sold our place but may be able to lease it and generate a down payment on a smaller place for the time being and move up after the WEG.So now we're either in the lease under 2200$/month or buy under 250,000$.I train reining and cutting horses and am an NRHA Futurity finalist.I was also wondering about the cost of building an indoor arena

Old 11-10-2008, 07:06 PM

2 posts, read 7,931 times
I am not for sure if you have found anything yet or not. I have a 16 stall horse facility with lots of fence and different lots located on 16 acres. The property is for sale but I might consider leasing it for a while. The property is located 50 miles South of Lexington just off of I-75 in Mt. Vernon. E-mail if interested.
Thanks,
Todd

Old 11-11-2008, 11:40 AM

Dear Todd
Does it have housing?and does it have an arena?

Old 11-20-2008, 11:11 AM

1 posts, read 3,949 times
Welcome!I'd love to meet you when you get settled! I have a cutting-bred stallion and offspring about 45 minutes S of Lex.Looking forward to it!Fairfax Arnoldwww.myhorsedreams.com

Old 11-25-2008, 06:13 AM

2 posts, read 7,931 times
Default 16 Acres in KY

The property in KY does not have a home. However, there is a home that is for sale that joins the property. There is also no indoor arena. One of the barns could be ridden in - in the gangway of the barn. There is a good place to build an arena in the back of the property.

Thanks,
Todd
606-303-3661
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky