Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2017, 10:38 AM

35 posts, read 61,577 times

Advertisements

My daughters family recently relocated to Georgetown,Ky and can't quit singing the praises of Kentucky..She and her husband like it much more than Washington. Since i'm retired and missing the grandsons i'm mulling it over. If I use Georgetown as the center which places within a 30 minute ride might suit me?..I live on 5 acres now with no backyard neighbors which I like. I would like to be within 15 minutes of a decent sized town with movie theaters,medical and such. Would downsize to 1/2-1 acre type property,and a smaller home than what i'm in now..Who are reputable builders in that area? your overall impressions of that area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2017, 11:11 AM

810 posts, read 874,011 times
Georgetown is a great small town and is also growing quickly, but not in a bad way, in my opinion. Georgetown is no more than 25-30 minutes to Lexington, KY which has all the stores, restaurants, and entertainment one would want. Lexington is also home to the University of Kentucky and it's Medical Center, which is one of the best in the State and where I currently go for care. Georgetown is also 20 minutes from Frankfort, KY, which is the State Capital and about an hour and half to downtown Cincinnati, Ohio.

Other nearby towns about 30 minutes to Georgetown would be Paris, KY...Versailles, KY...Winchester, KY...Frankfort, KY and Shelbyville, KY. Georgetown is in the Bluegrass region of the State is quite beautiful.

I also relocated to Kentucky a few years ago and love it here. The weather is great with four distinct seasons, the cost of living is cheaper, the people are very friendly and I find the State to be so scenic from Western Kentucky to the Mountains of Eastern Kentucky.

Old 12-21-2017, 11:21 AM

34,118 posts, read 18,364,781 times
I used to live in Lexington, and the main attraction in Georgetown for me was the Toyota Plant. That was the only reason I visited there, well, and I checked out the airport there (very nice) to keep my plane, but they didn't have any hangars, so I ended up in Mt. Sterling. Anyway, I digress. There is much more to see, and do in Lexington, but it is still convenient to Georgetown to see relatives. I would suggest being in, or close to Lexington for convenience, and quality of life. I enjoyed my years in KY.

Old 12-22-2017, 02:02 AM

7,588 posts, read 6,577,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KY_Transplant View Post
Other nearby towns about 30 minutes to Georgetown would be Paris, KY...Versailles, KY...Winchester, KY...Frankfort, KY and Shelbyville, KY. Georgetown is in the Bluegrass region of the State is quite beautiful.
Don't forget Midway - that should be on everyone's list for that part of the state.

Old 12-22-2017, 09:20 AM

11,974 posts, read 25,346,473 times
I'd say Georgetown is Lexington's alpha satellite city of the surrounding counties. It's economy is anchored by a huge Toyota factory that builds Camry's, so there are thousands of good jobs nearby. It's an easy commute to Lexington or Frankfort and it's easy to get to Cincinnati or Louisville, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky