Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2008, 02:51 AM

3 posts, read 18,421 times

Advertisements

Are these new license plates or just optional ones?

Lincoln License Plate in Kentucky. Yea? Nay?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2008, 07:17 AM

11,008 posts, read 17,377,801 times
Kentucky.gov: - 20071006lincoln

At $44 for the first year I think this is just going to be another one of those specialty plates. Like the nature one or the ones you can get for the universities in Kentucky.

Old 03-20-2008, 09:20 AM

11,974 posts, read 25,330,482 times
That's a specialty plate. I think the free plates are being changed every 4-5 years. The smiley plate started in 2002 & went to 2006. I think the current plate goes until 2010

Old 03-20-2008, 11:20 PM

30 posts, read 136,064 times
I opted for the Lincoln plate instead of the humming bird they wanted to swap for my cardinal nature plate. Clerk said I was the first in the county to even ask about it.

Old 03-21-2008, 07:21 PM

63 posts, read 312,320 times
It is a specialty plate commemorating the 200th anniversary of Lincoln's birth (he was born in Hardin County--Larue County did not exist at that time). I bought the first one issued in Hardin County and now all of our vehicles have them. I think it is a neat looking plate!

Old 03-24-2008, 12:34 AM

1,833 posts, read 6,405,078 times
We have way to many different kinds of license plates, what happened to the good ol days of alternating every few years blue on white or white on blue .... it's getting ridiculous with the variety.

Old 03-24-2008, 09:33 AM

4,826 posts, read 14,257,020 times
Default It's all about the cash...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davart View Post
We have way to many different kinds of license plates, what happened to the good ol days of alternating every few years blue on white or white on blue .... it's getting ridiculous with the variety.
I agree with you! I have a non-profit group, can I get a license plate to help my cause, too?

Old 03-24-2008, 03:51 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,330,482 times
A interesting side issue... Indiana is being sued for allowing the specialty plates "In God we trust". FOXNews.com - Lawsuit Claims 'In God We Trust' Indiana License Plates Are Unconstitutional - Politics | Republican Party | Democratic Party | Political Spectrum

I wonder where their funds go to... wouldn't God have enough money already?

Old 03-25-2008, 03:21 AM

69 posts, read 345,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davart View Post
Don't go to Virginia if you think Kentucky has too many plates. It seems as if there is a plate for everything in Virginia. The Lincoln plates look nice though. I think those should be a one year standard issue or an optional standard issue.

Old 03-25-2008, 08:50 PM

8,938 posts, read 17,157,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
A interesting side issue... Indiana is being sued for allowing the specialty plates "In God we trust". FOXNews.com - Lawsuit Claims 'In God We Trust' Indiana License Plates Are Unconstitutional - Politics | Republican Party | Democratic Party | Political Spectrum

I wonder where their funds go to... wouldn't God have enough money already?
Hello, I somehow stumbled upon this thread, and now feel compelled to reply. Nearly a year ago when this suit was filed, it was not neccessarily because the plate said "In God We Trust." The state was sued because this specialty plate is NOT charged the extra fees associated with other specialty plates. Anyone can get one of the IGWT plate without paying any extra fees; just standard registration fees. Whereas, other specialty plates such as IU or pet plates cost an administrative fee of $15 plus whatever donation goes to the beneficiary of the plate.

So, to answer you last question; the funds go to the BMV, because there is no extra cost associated with the plate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky