Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2018, 03:11 AM

1 posts, read 894 times

Advertisements

I’m a current teacher in North Carolina who is moving to Kentucky. Not only are the pay and benefits significantly better, my boyfriend lives in Lexington and we are looking to bridge the distance. I have applications for elementary school jobs in Jefferson County (Louisville) and Fayette County (Lexington where he lives), but I’m looking for other counties to apply to that are good for teachers and also looking for areas to live. I live in Charlotte NC and fell in love with KY the very first time I visited. Charlotte is too expensive, there so many *******s, the traffic is a nightmare, and it’s just too big and fast paced for me. That being said I would like to stay around a city. I would get very bored not being within at least the suburbs of a city but willing to commute for work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2018, 02:14 PM

811 posts, read 887,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smilielizzie2 View Post
I’m a current teacher in North Carolina who is moving to Kentucky. Not only are the pay and benefits significantly better, my boyfriend lives in Lexington and we are looking to bridge the distance. I have applications for elementary school jobs in Jefferson County (Louisville) and Fayette County (Lexington where he lives), but I’m looking for other counties to apply to that are good for teachers and also looking for areas to live. I live in Charlotte NC and fell in love with KY the very first time I visited. Charlotte is too expensive, there so many *******s, the traffic is a nightmare, and it’s just too big and fast paced for me. That being said I would like to stay around a city. I would get very bored not being within at least the suburbs of a city but willing to commute for work.
Besides Jefferson and Fayette counties, Shelbyville and Shelby county may work. It is sort of in between Louisville and Lexington, about 25 miles to downtown Louisville and 50 miles to Lexington, and the schools are decent. Of course, Shelbyville may be too rural or quiet so living in Jefferson, Fayette or even Franklin counties may be more appealing with more amenities.

Old 07-01-2018, 06:18 PM

1,049 posts, read 652,920 times
The three counties across the Ohio River from Cincinnati could work as well and they aren't too far from Lexington. Bowling Green (Warren County) is a large town that is really taking off and has the amenities of a small city and is only just a little over 1 hour away from Nashville, but might a little bit too far away from Lexington to your liking. The counties on both the IN and KY side of Louisville metro are likely going to be too rural for you as things translate from urban living to rural living pretty drastically once you leave Jefferson County.

If I was you based off what you mentioned about urban living (or being close to it) and your boyfriend I would go with a pecking order similar to this.
1) Fayette County
2) Jefferson County
3) The Counties Between Fayette and Jefferson County
4) Kenton/Campbell County
5) Boone County
6) Perhaps Warren or Simpson County in South-Central KY to get you within 2 hours of both Louisville and Nashville

Old 07-01-2018, 07:52 PM

20,125 posts, read 16,144,906 times
This is the statewide teacher vacancy list. It has the contact information for every listed job.
Kentucky Educator Placement Service
You can even create a profile and, depending on your certification, districts may contact you if they have an opening.
KEPS Teacher Accounts

Some of Lexington’s surrounding and nearby school districts:
  • Frankfort Independent
  • Franklin County
  • Mercer County
  • Lawerence County
  • Clark County
  • Bourbon County
  • Paris Independent
  • Woodford County
  • Jessamine County
  • Scott County
  • Madison County

Old 07-11-2018, 03:52 PM

3,833 posts, read 3,335,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smilielizzie2 View Post
How can that be when recently the teachers and liberal teachers unions in KY were moaning about low pay and walking out?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky