U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2008, 07:47 PM

4 posts, read 21,260 times

Advertisements

The Kentucky Breeder's Incentive Fund is bringing alot of new people into Kentucky. I'd like to offer my farm to someone who is looking for a quick and easy way to get started without having to buy.

I've got a 45 foot covered (indoor)round pen, a 100 foot outdoor round pen that can be converted into a bigger 200 x 300 foot rectangular working pen if need be.

There are 12 stalls in the barn. Two-2 1/2 acres turn out paddocks and a twenty acre track of land for more turn out.

The farm is located in Berea, Ky one mile off of the interstate.

I currently board horses, give riding lessons, and was starting colts. I got bit by a tick and contracted Lyme's disease so I am not able to run the farm like I used to.

I'd like for someone to take over operations and bring in their own venue and get something worked out where I can come in and teach a few hours a week on the days that I am able to.

Last edited by Whistle Stop; 04-15-2008 at 07:50 PM.. Reason: mistake in spelling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2008, 02:22 PM

17 posts, read 68,257 times
Hi.i recently posted my desire to move to KY in the fall and find your post interesting...what would be the terms and is there housing?I also intend to stand several studs is there an appropriate area to set up a breeding shed?

Old 04-30-2008, 09:30 AM

Default Description of facility

The barn is a nine stall barn with 12 x 16 stalls. I have a 45 x 80 covered arena attached to the back of the barn. The arena has a round pen in one half of it and the other half has four corral panel stalls set up in it.

I have a shed attached to the outside of the barn that can either be left open or converted into 3 (12 x 12) stalls.

The outdoor pen is 100 ft round corral. It has had corregated pipe laid down in the ground beneath it, so it drains pretty well. If the area was made into a bigger arena, then the footing would have to be addressed. The ground has alot of clay in it, so we'd have to get sand or dirt hauled it to get the footing right.

I currently have 7 full care boarders, that I would like to keep on board. Whoever leases the place can acquire the income as well as the care of these horses. I would also like to make an agreement where I can come in and teach (give lessons) a few hours a week.

There are other details that could be worked out during a phone conversation. Call me at 859-661-1486

Old 04-30-2008, 09:34 AM

There is no housing on the farm. Rent in Berea is reasonable. It runs anywhere from $350-$650 depending on what your needs are.

Old 05-13-2008, 11:24 AM

1 posts, read 5,310 times
Default Did you rent out your horse facility?

Wondered if you have rented it out.

Old 05-15-2008, 07:18 AM

No, I have not rented out yet. Looking for the right person. I'd love to talk with you and see what you've got going on. Call me at 859-661-1486.

Old 07-24-2008, 06:09 PM

1 posts, read 5,167 times
Hi, you and I talked once before when I was looking for boarding for my three horses. I was wondering if you have rented out the barn yet. I have ran a barn before and am curious to see what you are needing. I am not a horse trainer but I have done the day to day operations of tending to the horses, cleaning stalls, feeding and managing the budgets.

Old 05-06-2009, 09:36 AM

1 posts, read 4,230 times
Default Lyme Disease

Hi,

I hope you have found someone to lease your property! If not, my daughter and I may be able to help you out. We have a small farm in Richmond...four horse stall, and retrain off the track thoroughbreds for dressage, eventing and jumping. We also take in problem horses (bucking, ground manners, etc) for retraining.

Most importantly, both my daughter and I have Lyme Disease! We have been successfully treated. It will never be gone, but we are able to work full time and don't feel many effects from the infection.

Please email me at hays.nantuafarm@gmail.com if you would like more info about my Lyme Treatment. It CAN be treated!

Old 10-21-2009, 10:58 AM

2 posts, read 7,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whistle Stop View Post
The Kentucky Breeder's Incentive Fund is bringing alot of new people into Kentucky. I'd like to offer my farm to someone who is looking for a quick and easy way to get started without having to buy.

I've got a 45 foot covered (indoor)round pen, a 100 foot outdoor round pen that can be converted into a bigger 200 x 300 foot rectangular working pen if need be.

There are 12 stalls in the barn. Two-2 1/2 acres turn out paddocks and a twenty acre track of land for more turn out.

The farm is located in Berea, Ky one mile off of the interstate.

I currently board horses, give riding lessons, and was starting colts. I got bit by a tick and contracted Lyme's disease so I am not able to run the farm like I used to.

I'd like for someone to take over operations and bring in their own venue and get something worked out where I can come in and teach a few hours a week on the days that I am able to.
Please feel free to call please ask for Debbie or Rick our number is 740-434-3957 this could work for both of us lets talk.

Thank You!

Old 10-21-2009, 11:01 AM

2 posts, read 7,443 times
Our email is [EMAIL="mezamoon@gmail.com"]mezamoon@gmail.com[/EMAIL] this is also tied into my blackberry phone # is 740-434-3957 Debbie and Rick
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky