Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2007, 03:42 PM

90 posts, read 347,217 times

Advertisements

Being so far from home, I decided to start a thread for Somerset. Having been in Canada for the past 2 yrs, I am really missing my family and friends. I thought there may possibly be some people from back home on here.
Being away from home has made me really appreciate the southern hospitality, and the friendliness of the folks back there.
Hopefully, there will be some "Good old hometown folk" that will see this. I keep up with reading all about Pulaski county in the Commonwealth Journal. Looking forward to chatting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2007, 01:33 PM

389 posts, read 1,656,719 times
I'm surprised no one from somerset has had anything to say here I used to work their so let me offer an observation.I like that they{highway dept.}have expanded hwy 27 to the north.4 lanes almost to the pulaski/Lincoln co.line.still under const.it makes it easier to travel to somerset.I like going that way when we travel to cumberland falls.

Old 12-19-2007, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond Dee View Post
I'm surprised no one from somerset has had anything to say here I used to work their so let me offer an observation.I like that they{highway dept.}have expanded hwy 27 to the north.4 lanes almost to the pulaski/Lincoln co.line.still under const.it makes it easier to travel to somerset.I like going that way when we travel to cumberland falls.
And I thank you for responding, Diamond Dee. It means alot to chat with anyone on here who is from somerset or close by. There has probably been nobody else from Somerset on here, or maybe they only enjoy chatting with people they know on here. I've been gone for 2 yrs and always reading the Commonwealth Journal on line. There have been several changes since I left. They have done alot of road work and just finished the new bridge from southend to Hwy 27 when I left there in Nov. 2005. My family and friends tell me its so much better, now. There are other new highways also, and I'm going to have to learn my way around all over once I get home. I've learned to drive in Victoria, and never thought I could. I will just be so happy to get home again. Where do you live now? Where did you use to work in Somerset?

Old 12-19-2007, 05:28 PM

389 posts, read 1,656,719 times
Hello Unique gal,I'm from Danville use to drive back and forth to work at Oakwood.I like your hometown met lots of interesting people their.I like driving to cumberland falls and yahoo falls area so I go thru their when I can.hows Canada?where's Victoria?is that anywhere near Michigan?

Old 12-19-2007, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond Dee View Post
Hello Unique gal,I'm from Danville use to drive back and forth to work at Oakwood.I like your hometown met lots of interesting people their.I like driving to cumberland falls and yahoo falls area so I go thru their when I can.hows Canada?where's Victoria?is that anywhere near Michigan?
I also worked at Oakwood for awhile till I got hurt by a patient. I had to go on disability. Now I'm married to a Canadian, and waiting on his visa, so we can move back to "Gods Country". There are lots of decent hard working people back home. I also use to go to Davville too. I loved it there too. I still stay in contact with several people from Oakwood. I worked in the Stone creek cottage. Where did you work while at oakwood?

Old 12-19-2007, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unique Gal View Post
I also worked at Oakwood for awhile till I got hurt by a patient. I had to go on disability. Now I'm married to a Canadian, and waiting on his visa, so we can move back to "Gods Country". There are lots of decent hard working people back home. I also use to go to Davville too. I loved it there too. I still stay in contact with several people from Oakwood. I worked in the Stone creek cottage. Where did you work while at oakwood?
I realize I didnt tell you where Victoria, canada is. Its on the west coast, about 2 hrs from Seattle, Washington. Beautiful Island, but extremely expensive.

Old 12-19-2007, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unique Gal View Post
I almost forgot to tell you where Victoria is. Its on the west coast, about 125 miles north of Seattle. Beautiful Island, but far too expensive to stay here.

Old 12-28-2007, 07:35 PM

Getting ready to move back to pulaski county. Since the moist election in Burnside, how has it affected DUI'S back there? Has anyone heard if there is going to be an election for Pulaski county to go wet anytime soon?

Old 01-01-2008, 02:31 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,998,001 times
my husbands family is from there, the family name is Yahnig, they have been there for at least 100 years, it is such a beautiful area, cant wait to go visit again! I know why you miss it!

Old 01-01-2008, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
my husbands family is from there, the family name is Yahnig, they have been there for at least 100 years, it is such a beautiful area, cant wait to go visit again! I know why you miss it!
I remember the Yahning twins at my High school. I think their names were Carolyn and Marilyn . they are from Ferguson. There is also another set of Yahnings in Somerset. Hope you get to visit soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky