U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 01:51 PM

11,449 posts, read 13,913,395 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by missymomof3 View Post
I am not the one who picked out an entire state to bash aside from just MY type of people. I am not the one who sat there and bashed an area (Fairdale). To answer you question, I would include people that that who are hateful, mean and want to whole dang state to change just for them THAT'S WHO.
It seems you want to slap the label of "hateful" on anything you don't like. Who is advocating your state to change? Nobody is out to get you.
BTW, where do you think the liberals should put their island so that they can leave you alone? And what kind of people do you think should be run out of your state, and how should this be done? I'd be very interested to hear your view.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2008, 01:58 PM

6,749 posts, read 19,553,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
It seems you want to slap the label of "hateful" on anything you don't like. Who is advocating your state to change? Nobody is out to get you.
BTW, where do you think the liberals should put their island so that they can leave you alone? And what kind of people do you think should be run out of your state, and how should this be done? I'd be very interested to hear your view.
You are completely twisting my words. I don't mind people disagreeing. What I DO mind is people saying hateful things about things they don't like. I don't like the so called "open minded" who put themselves on a pedestal while downing all those who aren't like them. What is funny is that YOU are one of those. I am done discussing this with you. Have a great day!

Old 04-23-2008, 01:59 PM

6,749 posts, read 19,553,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryant View Post
What do you know...a sermon by an all-loving and all-inclusive liberal.
Absolutely!

Old 04-23-2008, 02:46 PM

9,583 posts, read 20,459,831 times
i doubt Mr Welp has ever been outside Crescent Hill. Louisville is a very diverse city, with many different political and cultural affiliations.

Valley Station & PRP are very similar to Owensboro. The NorthEast suburbs are very similar to Lexington. Fern Creek is very similar to Bowling Green, & Fairdale is similar to Pikeville.

There are many state functions held/ located in Louisville which really help the economy, such as the Fair & Expo Center, U of L, Federal Courts, etc. Also, drive around Mall St Matthews or The Highlands and count how many KY county tags you see from outside the Metro (it's a very high percent).

Instead of making absurd claims, Mr Welp could make a reasonable claim that cities should have a right to enact their own rules and taxes - such as a countywide cigarette tax.

Old 04-23-2008, 03:12 PM

6,295 posts, read 13,176,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
i doubt Mr Welp has ever been outside Crescent Hill. Louisville is a very diverse city, with many different political and cultural affiliations.

Valley Station & PRP are very similar to Owensboro. The NorthEast suburbs are very similar to Lexington. Fern Creek is very similar to Bowling Green, & Fairdale is similar to Pikeville.

There are many state functions held/ located in Louisville which really help the economy, such as the Fair & Expo Center, U of L, Federal Courts, etc. Also, drive around Mall St Matthews or The Highlands and count how many KY county tags you see from outside the Metro (it's a very high percent).

Instead of making absurd claims, Mr Welp could make a reasonable claim that cities should have a right to enact their own rules and taxes - such as a countywide cigarette tax.

The best post I have seen out of you in awhile!

Old 04-23-2008, 03:47 PM

390 posts, read 888,850 times
For an outsider, like me, this thread has been entertaining. However, I will say that you all need to chill out. You need to take this article from the context in which it was written-The Louisville Eccentric Observer. "Eccentric" being the key-word here.

ec·cen·tric (k-sntrk, k-)
adj.
1. Departing from a recognized, conventional, or established norm or pattern. See Synonyms at strange.

It was written to be a bit of unconventional thinking and against what you'd find in something like The Courier Journal.

Old 04-23-2008, 04:20 PM

715 posts, read 1,407,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Your point is........?

In a nutshell, liberals are guilty of the very thing they accuse conservatives of. For example, if someone does not agree with the liberal mantra they are automatically labeled as intolerant,hate-filled, and my favorite, racist.

Old 04-23-2008, 05:03 PM

232 posts, read 849,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryant View Post
In a nutshell, liberals are guilty of the very thing they accuse conservatives of. For example, if someone does not agree with the liberal mantra they are automatically labeled as intolerant,hate-filled, and my favorite, racist.
can you put all liberals in one box? no! you can most likely put conservatives in one.

i mean conservatives are closet gay, pedophiliacs, rapist, and the list goes on, conservatives are always right, they can get away with anything that come out there mouth!

Old 04-23-2008, 05:19 PM

42 posts, read 103,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missymomof3 View Post
Like I have said before, anyone who doesn't like this state or anything else here can LEAVE. Stuff like this just makes me so mad I could spit. How about the liberals areas split off into their own little islands and leave the rest of us alone????? For the record, there are PLENTY of us Louisvillians who are creationists and hold strongly to our ten commandments. Fool.
Holy Jesus Palomino.

Old 04-23-2008, 05:20 PM

1,712 posts, read 5,340,133 times
Now, children, you all are really getting close to personal attacks in this thread. You need to settle down. People who feel the need to label others usually have self-esteem problems. Find your joy, please!

The writer of the original "eccentric observer" article doesn't like where he lives, evidently. He should research on city-data and find a new home.... LOL ... Just kidding, but seriously, I've known others with that mindset. They are usually very young and inexperienced, and want to change the world, but don't know how. We don't have to get upset about it. We all go through it, and if we're lucky we live to laugh at ourselves later.

Peace...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky