U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2008, 04:19 PM

820 posts, read 2,528,018 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by missymomof3 View Post
Here ya go ladies, here's how ya do it

Offer Mint Julep or Iced Tea to everyone who visits your house.

Eat grits everyday for breakfast.

Refer to your house as "The Plantation" no matter how small your house may be.

Refer to all men as "gentlemen caller" or "beaux".

Never let a man know you're interested or chase him because you know there are too many men who want you for you to expend the extra effort.

When you have a dating dilemma and have one gentleman caller over when you are expecting another, claim to be "expired" and excuse yourself for a nap until he leaves.

Whenever you are asked to do any work, fan yourself and claim to have the "vapors."

Refer to every party you go to, even a kegger at the local university, as a "cotillion." All other parties are yankee garbage.

Try to use words like "darlin'", "sweet" or "precious" in every sentence.

Belong to a country club. If you don't, refer to any club you belong to as a "country club". No one will know the difference.

Set under a magnolia tree with a parasol fanning yourself often. Passers-by will take notice of your belle-ness.

Never marry a Yankee unless you want to be a Yankee by association.

Never be seen without your makeup and girdle.
LOL That's funny! I am a couple of those actually! Do they sell girdles anymore? I can remember my mom wearing a girdle! Has to be the most torturous thing imaginable!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2008, 05:57 PM

6,749 posts, read 19,556,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegrassgirl View Post
LOL That's funny! I am a couple of those actually! Do they sell girdles anymore? I can remember my mom wearing a girdle! Has to be the most torturous thing imaginable!
Hun I am too, I don't go ANYWHERE without my makeup! As far as girdles, I think they sell control top underwear nowdays. The tea one I do and I call almost everyone honey, darlin or sweetie.

Old 04-28-2008, 02:26 PM

61 posts, read 240,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegrassgirl View Post
Oh my gosh! Now I guess I know what I am getting into? Like I said! It appears Kentucky woman do have a monopoly on Charm!

Old 04-28-2008, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucasMetaphor View Post
Oh my gosh! Now I guess I know what I am getting into? Like I said! It appears Kentucky woman do have a monopoly on Charm!
No darlin not a monopoly, there are charming women just about everywhere, we just happen to have ALOT

Old 05-01-2008, 06:51 PM

137 posts, read 385,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaitiebug5 View Post
I definitely know what you're talking about with Louisville girls. I'm from southern Kentucky and moved to Louisville for college and Louisville is most certainly not like any other part of Kentucky. It's almost as if it's an entirely different state or something. Born and raised in southern Kentucky, I can honestly say that I hate sweet tea, pretty much with a passion. I don't say ya'll either. There are so many stereotypes about girls from Kentucky. Some of them are true though. Yes, I have a southern accent and didn't really realize it until I came to Louisville but it's definitely a good conversation starter with strangers. I was raised to have the best manners possible. I can cook a good dinner or supper, charm you with my accent, but still go fishin with the gentlemen. It just all comes down to that southern hospitality.
I was just curious to know how Louisville women were different than those in Southern KY. What was different about them? I was just wanting to know. Thanks!

Old 05-01-2008, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaitiebug5 View Post
I was raised to have the best manners possible. I can cook a good dinner or supper, charm you with my accent, but still go fishin with the gentlemen. It just all comes down to that southern hospitality.
sweetie I am the same way and am from Louisville! But I do love sweet tea and say y'all. Go figure! Also keep in mind that not all the women in college were probably from Louisville.

Old 05-03-2008, 07:40 AM

103 posts, read 400,501 times
If you take these ladies far north, or far west, peoples reaction to them is interesting. They are too pretty to make fun of, and people are engrossed with just listening, they are enchanted. Both men and women want to hear them speak, it's really freaky.

It's like a good looking woman speaking french, you don't have a clue what they are saying, but don't stop!

Last edited by FreeMarketSlave; 05-03-2008 at 07:50 AM..

Old 05-03-2008, 12:14 PM

196 posts, read 162,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LucasMetaphor View Post
I have only met 2 woman from Kentucky and they certainly were the most charming and lovely southern woman I have ever met. Polite, well mannered and absolutely very attractive with a captivating southern accent.

Has anyone had a similar experience with Kentucky woman? Would appreciate your feed back.

never been to Kentucky, never met a woman from Kentucky either. My wife is from Alabama and so am I. Theres many beautiful Southern belles, to me the most attractive ones are the ones who dont brag about it.

Old 05-03-2008, 12:31 PM

196 posts, read 162,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missymomof3 View Post
Here ya go ladies, here's how ya do it

Offer Mint Julep or Iced Tea to everyone who visits your house.

Eat grits everyday for breakfast.

Refer to your house as "The Plantation" no matter how small your house may be.

Refer to all men as "gentlemen caller" or "beaux".

Never let a man know you're interested or chase him because you know there are too many men who want you for you to expend the extra effort.

When you have a dating dilemma and have one gentleman caller over when you are expecting another, claim to be "expired" and excuse yourself for a nap until he leaves.

Whenever you are asked to do any work, fan yourself and claim to have the "vapors."

Refer to every party you go to, even a kegger at the local university, as a "cotillion." All other parties are yankee garbage.

Try to use words like "darlin'", "sweet" or "precious" in every sentence.

Belong to a country club. If you don't, refer to any club you belong to as a "country club". No one will know the difference.

Set under a magnolia tree with a parasol fanning yourself often. Passers-by will take notice of your belle-ness.

Never marry a Yankee unless you want to be a Yankee by association.

Never be seen without your makeup and girdle.

I may be wrong, but if my old Southern memory serves me well, the correct spelling of a male from the South does not end with an "x"....that spelling is reserved for a female from the South...

Old 05-03-2008, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparco View Post
I may be wrong, but if my old Southern memory serves me well, the correct spelling of a male from the South does not end with an "x"....that spelling is reserved for a female from the South...
Honey I didn't write it, I just copied and pasted it. I just thought it was cute
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or