Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2008, 07:17 PM

6,749 posts, read 22,082,223 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparco View Post
never been to Kentucky, never met a woman from Kentucky either. My wife is from Alabama and so am I. Theres many beautiful Southern belles, to me the most attractive ones are the ones who dont brag about it.
I agree! There is nothing attractive about a conceited woman.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2008, 12:32 PM

196 posts, read 208,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missymomof3 View Post
Honey I didn't write it, I just copied and pasted it. I just thought it was cute

Paula Deen is kind of a heroine of mine, I know she can cook like crazy, I think thats a true, sort of born in quality Ive seen in many southern belles...

Old 05-04-2008, 01:39 PM

820 posts, read 2,868,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparco View Post
Paula Deen is kind of a heroine of mine, I know she can cook like crazy, I think thats a true, sort of born in quality Ive seen in many southern belles...
I think she's adorable!

Old 05-04-2008, 01:52 PM

2,016 posts, read 5,583,167 times
Oh I can't wait to move down South next year! Gotta be a good wholesome gal waiting for me!

Old 05-04-2008, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegrassgirl View Post
I think she's adorable!
I think she is sweet too.

Old 05-05-2008, 11:08 AM

125 posts, read 426,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaitiebug5 View Post
I definitely know what you're talking about with Louisville girls. I'm from southern Kentucky and moved to Louisville for college and Louisville is most certainly not like any other part of Kentucky. It's almost as if it's an entirely different state or something. Born and raised in southern Kentucky, I can honestly say that I hate sweet tea, pretty much with a passion. I don't say ya'll either. There are so many stereotypes about girls from Kentucky. Some of them are true though. Yes, I have a southern accent and didn't really realize it until I came to Louisville but it's definitely a good conversation starter with strangers. I was raised to have the best manners possible. I can cook a good dinner or supper, charm you with my accent, but still go fishin with the gentlemen. It just all comes down to that southern hospitality.
Now my family is from TN so I know a little about that Southern hospitality, but i heard that the definition for that is be real nice to their face, then when they walk away you can talk about them as you please. But I wouldn't consider that hospitality...can someone explain this?

Old 05-05-2008, 11:10 AM

125 posts, read 426,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerDuke08 View Post
Oh I can't wait to move down South next year! Gotta be a good wholesome gal waiting for me!
Theres a few in Indiana...Ranger! haha (mE)

Old 09-11-2008, 01:05 PM

2 posts, read 7,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentuckyguy View Post
I was just curious to know how Louisville women were different than those in Southern KY. What was different about them? I was just wanting to know. Thanks!
Sorry it's taken soo long to respond but I haven't been on this thing in ages. Louisville girls are alot different than girls from other parts of the state. Louisville is the by far the biggest city in Kentucky. The city is almost like whole other state because it's so different. There's much more diversity in it's people and culture and everyone has that "fast paced" mind-set. It has been my experience that most people from Louisville that are my age haven't been raised with the same priorities as those from Southern Kentucky.

Old 09-11-2008, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaitiebug5 View Post
Sorry it's taken soo long to respond but I haven't been on this thing in ages. Louisville girls are alot different than girls from other parts of the state. Louisville is the by far the biggest city in Kentucky. The city is almost like whole other state because it's so different. There's much more diversity in it's people and culture and everyone has that "fast paced" mind-set. It has been my experience that most people from Louisville that are my age haven't been raised with the same priorities as those from Southern Kentucky.
Where in Louisville are you?

Old 09-11-2008, 03:44 PM

631 posts, read 1,886,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robhu View Post
Are there any Ladies in Kentucky who are brunettes ???
I remember a brunette from Georgia that had sky blue eyes, milky white skin, and coal black hair and a personalilty that could melt ice and she was all natural. That was 40 years ago and I still think about her once in while.
But all Southern Belles I have ever met have a special charm no matter what state they live in and 99.9% are absolutely beautiful, sweet, genteel, and can make a room go quiet when they enter.
Oh, to be young and in the south again.
Be proud southern Ladies, you are special.

Yes, there are. All my family is in Kentucky and I have the most beautiful brunette sister that you have ever seen. She cracks me up because you can not take the girl anywhere that she doesn't get hit on and she is completely oblivious too it. She's off the market though. Some lucky guy snatched her up a couple years ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
View detailed profiles of: