U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 12:24 PM

9,807 posts, read 12,896,672 times

Advertisements

Kinda disgusting to read all the posters trying their darndest to fulfill a young Texan's fantasy of selling moonshine.

Gosh, maybe another young Texan can ask for advice on pimping women, (also illegal), AND POSTERS WOULD BE SO WILLING TO HELP HIM.

poster Davart must have missed the part of the OP's post that said--------"and to bring in some money"

Yes, Davart-------selling moonshine is illegal in the US.

i I presume KY is part of the US.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2008, 12:51 PM

4,911 posts, read 6,576,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post
Kinda disgusting to read all the posters trying their darndest to fulfill a young Texan's fantasy of selling moonshine.

Gosh, maybe another young Texan can ask for advice on pimping women, (also illegal), AND POSTERS WOULD BE SO WILLING TO HELP HIM.

poster Davart must have missed the part of the OP's post that said--------"and to bring in some money"

It's kinda disgusting that the federal government makes me pay into a social security net that I want no part of (and it's very likely I wont see a dime of it by the time I reach what the government considers "retirement age"). It's kinda disgusting that my tax dollars go to the subsidization of welfare queens, oil companies, ethanol producers, bridges to no where, and illegal immigrants. It's kinda disgusting that the federal government has made a serf out of me with the income tax. It's kinda disgusting that affirmative action dumbs down the standards for minorities instead of the most qualified person getting acceptance. Maybe I wouldn't have to resort to running shine if the bureaucrats weren't raping me with excessive taxation.

Old 05-05-2008, 01:05 PM

2,927 posts, read 7,391,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexianPatriot View Post
It's kinda disgusting that the federal government makes me pay into a social security net that I want no part of (and it's very likely I wont see a dime of it by the time I reach what the government considers "retirement age"). It's kinda disgusting that my tax dollars go to the subsidization of welfare queens, oil companies, ethanol producers, bridges to no where, and illegal immigrants. It's kinda disgusting that the federal government has made a serf out of me with the income tax. It's kinda disgusting that affirmative action dumbs down the standards for minorities instead of the most qualified person getting acceptance. Maybe I wouldn't have to resort to running shine if the bureaucrats weren't raping me with excessive taxation.
Get a job, get a job, get a job.

Old 05-05-2008, 01:10 PM

6,749 posts, read 19,551,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InLondon View Post
Get a job, get a job, get a job.
Sweetie I think his point is he doesn't want to pay taxes of any kind. I am in no way condoning what he is wanthing to do, it's just what I am gathering from his last post.

Old 05-05-2008, 01:14 PM

2,927 posts, read 7,391,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missymomof3 View Post
Sweetie I think his point is he doesn't want to pay taxes of any kind. I am in no way condoning what he is wanthing to do, it's just what I am gathering from his last post.
Too bad for him. We all have to pay taxes so he needs to deal with life. If he chooses to be a loser than oh well. And believe me losers are the type that make "moonshine."

Old 05-05-2008, 01:23 PM

9,807 posts, read 12,896,672 times
I doubt anyone who is looking for money to get through school is being taxed heavily (if at all)

Pay for your schooling the old fashioned way--------get a legal job.

You will learn a work ethic and have something to put on an otherwise blank resume.

Old 05-05-2008, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missymomof3 View Post
No, I just want fair taxation. I thinking an ever increasing inefficient federal bureaucracy is the greatest threat to individual liberty. The founders would have been up in arms by now. We live in a welfare state. Government healthcare is the only thing missing at this point. When that comes in, there will be absolutely no motivation for people to get off the government dole (not to mention the fact that we've delivered sovereignty over our own heathcare to the bureacrats). We get heathcare when they feel it's necessary and since the government is picking up the tab, they can kill other liberties such as the foods we eat, the activities we participate in, and the things we do in our own personal time. It's Orwellian and it's happening in front of our very eyes.

The Sons of Liberty didn't even tolerate a tax hike on tea from Britian. Our very nation was founded by a bunch of radicals that believed people can make better decisions for themselves than the government. Apparently, our apathetic society doesn't even care about the very principles in which this nation was founded upon. Wake up people. Liberty of death. Secession 2008.

BTW: I'm employed full time and go to school full time. After taxes, I make about $1250 a month. Without government with holdings, my gross pay would be $1600. All the while Uncle Sam putting my with holdings to good use. They collect the interest and leave me screwed instead of me controlling my own money. $350 is a big deal when you are in college. That's money that could be going into my IRA or helping pay for "public" school. What a joke.

Old 05-05-2008, 01:55 PM

6,749 posts, read 19,551,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexianPatriot View Post
No, I just want fair taxation. I thinking an ever increasing inefficient federal bureaucracy is the greatest threat to individual liberty. The founders would have been up in arms by now. We live in a welfare state. Government healthcare is the only thing missing at this point. When that comes in, there will be absolutely no motivation for people to get off the government dole (not to mention the fact that we've delivered sovereignty over our own heathcare to the bureacrats). We get heathcare when they feel it's necessary and since the government is picking up the tab, they can kill other liberties such as the foods we eat, the activities we participate in, and the things we do in our own personal time. It's Orwellian and it's happening in front of our very eyes.

The Sons of Liberty didn't even tolerate a tax hike on tea from Britian. Our very nation was founded by a bunch of radicals that believed people can make better decisions for themselves than the government. Apparently, our apathetic society doesn't even care about the very principles in which this nation was founded upon. Wake up people. Liberty of death. Secession 2008.

BTW: I'm employed full time and go to school full time. After taxes, I make about $1250 a month. Without government with holdings, my gross pay would be $1600. All the while Uncle Sam putting my with holdings to good use. They collect the interest and leave me screwed instead of me controlling my own money. $350 is a big deal when you are in college. That's money that could be going into my IRA or helping pay for "public" school. What a joke.
Can you decrease your withholdings? In other words are you claiming anyone?

Old 05-05-2008, 02:04 PM

I do need to fill out another W2. That being said, I don't want them to with hold a cent of my earnings. If I end up oweing, then I'll pay up at when I file next year. But Uncle Sam penalizes people with interest charges for people who would rather pay in one large lump sum instead of keeping a stream of with holdings coming into the government. There is something fundementally wrong with a tax system that makes people pay taxes on what they earn. We need an federal excise tax (at a rate no higher than 10%) and some serious devolution of federal responsibilities to state+local governments and the private sector (it's never going to happen though until the common man takes this country back from the self serving bureaucrats).

Old 05-05-2008, 03:03 PM

1,833 posts, read 5,751,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post

I'm going to trust that every single thing you have bought and or paid for outside the regular retail market you've paid taxes on. Everything you've sold privately, ebay, yard sale, craigslist, classified ad, etc every single thing you've sold you reported as income and paid taxes on. Remember failing to pay taxes is illegal too ... so ye without crime toss the first stone.

Right ....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky