U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 10:46 PM

1,483 posts, read 1,761,139 times

Advertisements

The fact that the bad neighborhoods are within walking distance of downtown would concern me. People in large, densely populated cities often don't have a choice in this regard. Paducah doesn't fall into that category. There's too many other attractive options for spending $350K on a home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2008, 06:40 PM

24 posts, read 66,867 times
Hey_Hey -- Do you know for sure the new downtown hotel will contain condos and if so, what in your opinion would be approximate costs?
Thanks,

Old 12-28-2008, 12:38 AM

868 posts, read 1,513,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue Fox View Post
Hey_Hey -- Do you know for sure the new downtown hotel will contain condos and if so, what in your opinion would be approximate costs?
Thanks,
I don't know for sure. All I know is what was reported in the Paducah Sun. Like any real estate project exact plans and makeup of a building change all the time. If there are new condos built in the hotel I would guess they would start out around $130,000 at least, and more likely in the $150s. The maximum price is hard to predict because it depends on the size of the condos, the services of the condo development, and the amenities of the condos.

Of course there are a lot of questions to condo development in a small market in this environment. There have been numerous projects in condo-living cities like Chicago cancelled because of the credit markets, so it's very possible this will never come to fruition. On the other hand, Paducah has very few condo developments, so there may be an untapped market that would jump at condo living if given the opportunity.

Old 01-15-2009, 05:45 PM

3 posts, read 4,125 times
Wow. This a ridiculous discussion. On a related note, would you say Paducah was more or less liberal than say, Crawford, TX?

Old 04-19-2009, 08:01 PM

2 posts, read 3,934 times
Quilters have been complaining for years. Their complaints are either about the city, The Executive Inn, or that they just want a new venue in a new city for a change of pace. The quilt show has remained in Paducah ONLY because the one woman who controls it ignores the complaints and keeps it in Paducah. She has a vested interest.

Old 04-19-2009, 11:15 PM

6,967 posts, read 12,382,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse Wilson View Post
Quilters have been complaining for years. Their complaints are either about the city, The Executive Inn, or that they just want a new venue in a new city for a change of pace. The quilt show has remained in Paducah ONLY because the one woman who controls it ignores the complaints and keeps it in Paducah. She has a vested interest.
City officials spent a couple days negotiating with the group that decides where to have it a few months ago. They didn't know for a week or two afterwards that it was staying in Paducah.

Old 04-20-2009, 02:14 PM

3,790 posts, read 7,564,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse Wilson View Post
If the quilters hate the city and the venue, why do they keep coming back?

The quilt show deserves a decent facility and Paducah cannot provide that. The city government is so corrupt, that I am suprised they get anything done. They have made cosmetic improvements, but that's all they are...cosmetic. It got so bad with the Executive Inn saga that mayor Paxton called on citizens of Paducah to open their homes to the quilters and put them up if the Executive Inn was not ready in time for the show. Now if that doesn't look desperate and sad, I don't know what does. The 2009 Quilt Show will come and go and for months after, we will be hearing the exact same complaints, problems, issues, etc that overshadowed the show. BTW, where is that big new hotel that was supposed to be built downtown? Have they even broken ground?

Old 05-18-2009, 07:04 PM

1 posts, read 1,385 times
Does anyone know where I can get information on the proposed downtown hotel? I know that the city wants a "high rise" development overlooking the river and park area. I assume it is to be built on the parking lot at the end of Broadway?

Old 05-18-2009, 07:52 PM

3,790 posts, read 7,564,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGrace View Post
Does anyone know where I can get information on the proposed downtown hotel? I know that the city wants a "high rise" development overlooking the river and park area. I assume it is to be built on the parking lot at the end of Broadway?
All this for a town that is LOSING population!!! HAHAHA!!!

Old 01-21-2010, 06:09 AM

1 posts, read 1,014 times
Default why not just...

MOVE, if you hate it so much. I am sure there are cities that would love to have one more person living there to get on forums like this and run them down...maybe you could make a career of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky