U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-28-2008, 09:46 PM

4,644 posts, read 3,825,768 times
Default Alison Krauss

I don't think I'm deserving of such a blessing. Listening to her sing takes me to another place. I imagine it's somewhere between heaven and earth. I heard Brad Paisley say once that if the angels don't sing as beautifully as Alison, he'd rather stay here. Do you guys and galls reckon that God gives us glimpses of heaven here on earth? Anyone here lucky enough to have seen her in concert? I just discovered her a year ago and while her voice was an aquirred taste for me at first (it was so delicate and different), there's not another voice more heavenly than hers. There's not a whole lot of people in my age group in Texas that know her or like bluegrass.
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2008, 05:14 AM

6,758 posts, read 14,560,114 times
Yes she does have a beautiful voice! I love bluegrass too.

Old 04-29-2008, 11:13 AM

8,761 posts, read 5,035,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexianPatriot View Post
I don't think I'm deserving of such a blessing. Listening to her sing takes me to another place. I imagine it's somewhere between heaven and earth. I heard Brad Paisley say once that if the angels don't sing as beautifully as Alison, he'd rather stay here. Do you guys and galls reckon that God gives us glimpses of heaven here on earth? Anyone here lucky enough to have seen her in concert? I just discovered her a year ago and while her voice was an aquirred taste for me at first (it was so delicate and different), there's not another voice more heavenly than hers. There's not a whole lot of people in my age group in Texas that know her or like bluegrass.

I love bluegrass music also. Alison Kraus is one of my favorites. She is not from Kentucky though, but was raised in Illinois.

Old 04-29-2008, 11:16 AM

6,758 posts, read 14,560,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
I love bluegrass music also. Alison Kraus is one of my favorites. She is not from Kentucky though, but was raised in Illinois.
Maybe that is why her style is "different".

Old 04-29-2008, 11:22 AM

8,761 posts, read 5,035,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missymomof3 View Post
Maybe that is why her style is "different".
Maybe, her speaking voice is not southern at all really.

Old 04-29-2008, 12:26 PM

I just wish she'd let loose on the fiddle some and cheer up a little. Then again, I guess her melancholy song choices is what ultimately drew me to her. Songs like Restless, Goodbye is all we have, and Stay bring a big smile to my face everytime I hear them.

Old 04-30-2008, 11:44 AM

379 posts, read 1,104,892 times
What a great voice esp. for Bluegrass first time I saw her on Austin City Limits I knew she was something special.Dale Ann Bradley also has that special voice and sounds like Alison somewhat.

Old 04-30-2008, 07:12 PM

137 posts, read 285,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexianPatriot View Post
Yes, I totally agree. She is so talented and she sure does have a beautiful voice. She sure can play the fiddle as well. We can thank her for making bluegrass popular again and for putting KY back on the map. I have yet to see her in concert, but sure want to!!!

Old 05-01-2008, 01:15 PM

70 posts, read 142,152 times
I've seen her four times in concert and every experience was wonderful. I've been a fan of Alison Krauss & Union Station for at least a dozen years. I got to see them when they were recording their live CD at the Louisville Palace back in 2002. It was fabulous! Alison has such a crazy sense of humor and it comes through during her life performances.

I've been a fan of bluegrass all my life. Grew up on it and appreciate the talented musicians involved with it.

Old 05-01-2008, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat View Post
I've seen her four times in concert and every experience was wonderful. I've been a fan of Alison Krauss & Union Station for at least a dozen years. I got to see them when they were recording their live CD at the Louisville Palace back in 2002. It was fabulous! Alison has such a crazy sense of humor and it comes through during her life performances.

I've been a fan of bluegrass all my life. Grew up on it and appreciate the talented musicians involved with it.
I've got the DVD of their live show in Louisville. She is funny. Being a hunter, I really enjoyed her making fun of Barry and his hunting videos. She also pokes some fun at herself which makes her all the more charming and captivating.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
View detailed profiles of: