Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2020, 03:30 AM

5 posts, read 7,574 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
The weather is nasty much of the time in the winter because it is excessively rainy, cloudy, and damp. Snow, colder, and drier air are much preferable in my opinion. Snow also brightens up the ground in the winter when it is cloudier as well. I take Vitamin D supplements for more than half the year due to the clouds, and most people should probably due that as well as they likely have a deficiency from the late Fall to early Spring.
This you are so correct!!! When I was 34 after I had my 3rd child I had significant health decline and they did blood work and said I was vitamin D deficient. I’m 36 now and have been taking vitamin D. Also my mother is from Arizona and I’m naturally a golden brown skin color and so I guess the love of sun and heat is in my blood. This area will be better for fair skinned people, but with my darker skin, I have to have Vitamin D otherwise I feel terrible with the low sun and NO snow in the winter.

Last edited by Laree123; 10-26-2020 at 03:32 AM.. Reason: Missing a word
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2020, 08:42 AM

16,066 posts, read 21,138,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somewhereoutthere15 View Post
While Kentucky has a generally low crime rate, Tennessee has an astronomically high rate of violent crime compared to most states.
Comparing crime rates from state to state is an exercise in futility. Tennessee's TBI uses a different reporting method than many others states which makes the stats appear wildly skewed.
It's easy enough to drill down to see the actual amount of local crime in areas of specific interest. My city appeared to have a lot of assaults', deeper research showed that it's mostly a matter of bar fights confined within a two block area, no personal threat to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
The weather is nasty much of the time in the winter because it is excessively rainy, cloudy, and damp. Snow, colder, and drier air are much preferable in my opinion. Snow also brightens up the ground in the winter when it is cloudier as well.
I agree whole heartedly. Winters in west TN were worse than what I experience here in northeast TN. Seems like it was always damp and cold, with temps that fluctuated from just above and just below freezing, often with a thin coat of ice on the roads most mornings. I don't have to deal with that any more, it's dry when it's cold, or it snows a little, but rarely icy roads. No more of the melt, freeze, rinse and repeat cycle to worry about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Paris is a great town! It has a lot to offer without being too big and surrounded by history and beauty. I even enjoy just driving through there to Maysville
Paris is great, a quaint little town in a gorgeous area. Considered buying a house there, before I spent two weeks in July on vacation there. Couldn't do it. The humidity was brutal and the mosquitos were horrendous, run away, run away...I am a wuss when it comes to sweating.

Old 11-14-2020, 03:06 PM

233 posts, read 276,885 times
OP: Let's see now, you wanted to move to WI, then KY-TN and now WV. I have a suggestion - get in your car and drive East. When you find something you like, stay a while, maybe rent an apartment and get a job. That is if Kali will let you leave.

Old 11-14-2020, 03:18 PM

416 posts, read 408,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exwyocowboy View Post
OP: Let's see now, you wanted to move to WI, then KY-TN and now WV. I have a suggestion - get in your car and drive East. When you find something you like, stay a while, maybe rent an apartment and get a job. That is if Kali will let you leave.
Technically Op is working their way east given that list of states. Big spread on culture/economy and weather between all those. Like u said, they need visit.

Old 11-15-2020, 09:57 AM

1,049 posts, read 653,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peta2013 View Post
Technically Op is working their way east given that list of states. Big spread on culture/economy and weather between all those. Like u said, they need visit.
I agree with that or look into areas that are a bit of a combination of the above.

At some point, you have to be real with yourself and understand that Mayberry only exists in the Andy Griffith Show. Even at that time, there weren't really any Mayberry communities.

If you want a conservative and low-tax area that is rural then you will have to deal with some of the pitfalls that an area like that has such as rural poverty, internet access, and a limited dating scene. If you want an area that is near a bigger city you would have to deal with higher COL and perhaps increased crime.

Old 11-16-2020, 05:26 AM

1,012 posts, read 1,119,141 times
Sounds like San Antonio to me. North side. Not cheap but not California.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky