Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2020, 09:23 PM

22 posts, read 12,413 times

Advertisements

What does that mean nalabama?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2020, 10:59 PM

1,059 posts, read 1,880,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillingourquiver View Post
Ohh, good question! We're hoping for double figures at least. Are you quiverful?
Kinda what I thought. No, I'm not quiverful...but, best regards to your wife.

Old 09-02-2020, 11:21 PM

TY hog! As I said, the new pregnancy snuck up on us, we're not even sure how pregnant she is.

Old 09-03-2020, 08:25 AM

35,057 posts, read 31,258,424 times
I would try to remain as close to I-75 as possible. I used to travel through the Wilderness Road area regularly. Middlesboro is fine for what it is. Pineville is smaller, with less available. The more you get off the main roads, the worse it is.

Old 09-03-2020, 01:45 PM

1,059 posts, read 1,880,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
I would try to remain as close to I-75 as possible. I used to travel through the Wilderness Road area regularly. Middlesboro is fine for what it is. Pineville is smaller, with less available. The more you get off the main roads, the worse it is.
The worse what is?

Old 09-03-2020, 08:16 PM

1,561 posts, read 2,792,964 times
Default BIG garden, two milking cows, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillingourquiver View Post
What does that mean nalabama?
I grew up in a family of seven in rural Kentucky. Dad made decent money selling insurance, Mom stayed home with five kids. We had a large garden, one great milking cow, and twenty or so laying hens. We all worked in the garden, I milked the cow and goat, and the girls gathered the eggs. We bought very little from the town stores, which was a twelve mile into town.

It took all of us working together to keep everybody fed, in good clothes and shoes, and pay for the house and additions to it as the younger kids came along. If you’re going to have double digits, you might have to do something pretty similar to what we did. If not, that is wonderful to hear.

Old 09-04-2020, 11:09 AM

I know school and church folks will know what it means to be quiverful, but will our average neighbor know? BTW: Courtney sees her midwife Tuesday to get a sense of what's going on in there.

Old 09-04-2020, 02:21 PM

409 posts, read 871,367 times
As to where to live, I would get out a map look at the road networks around Red Bird Mission School. That will control how long your drive is. The drive will be unlike the driving in Texas (Roads are much more windy and curvy). Places that look close to the School, may involve a longer drive than you would think at first look.

What are you looking for in a home? Do want a house in town or a little land. That would impact any recommendations I would make. I would ask what else you would look for in a home or base of operations?

Also, any medical concerns? The availability of medical facilities vary from locale to locale in Southeast Kentucky

Old 09-04-2020, 02:27 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,462,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
My experience in E KY has been many of the county seats are nice and have some shopping and restaurants. The worst places are the former coal mining towns that have had massive population decline. Most have not a single store or restaurant and many abandoned buildings. Fleming Neon, Lynch, etc are really rough. But county seats like Whitesburg or Harlan (city) are much better.

Old 09-04-2020, 02:56 PM

Mage: We're looking for a house to grow into. Lots of bedrooms and living space. If we could swing it, might be neat to have a room dedicated to birthing our children. That's just a frivolous wish, though. Land isn't necessarily a big deal, unless we decide to expand the house, rather than move. Courtney has had 1 routine pregnancy and birth, hopefully that doesn't change.

Last edited by Fillingourquiver; 09-04-2020 at 03:30 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky