Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2006, 06:31 PM
Pat Pat started this thread

6 posts, read 26,629 times

Advertisements

Any one from Midd*****ro here???

(please spell out the entire name of the town to which you refer. Thanks!)

Last edited by kimmieyky; 02-09-2007 at 08:22 AM.. Reason: clarification
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2007, 06:24 AM

246 posts, read 1,056,883 times
Talking highliner

does Bell county even have the worldwideweb?

Old 06-03-2007, 08:01 PM

295 posts, read 973,882 times
Yeah, I know I am bumping an old post. I just found and joined this site today. It may surprise the above poster that there is indeed WWW in Middlesboro and Bell County, has been for years. I think they even have broadband now.

I don't live in Middlesboro but it's my home town. We look forward to moving back down there in just a few years when we retire.

Maybe I took the post wrong, but it seems for all the world that highliner is putting the region down.

Old 06-03-2007, 08:12 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,500,581 times
Where do you live now? I am always happy to see someone come back home to East Ky. We are in Pike County, been here 30 years, are retired and have no plans to move away. We like the slow pace, friendly life Hey, we even got DSL, and a Super Walmart, Lowes and Circuit City.and nice 4lane highways Ohio, West Virginiaand Tennessee..AAAH , life can't get no better

Old 06-03-2007, 09:43 PM

1,469 posts, read 4,494,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightrider127 View Post
Yeah, I know I am bumping an old post. I just found and joined this site today. It may surprise the above poster that there is indeed WWW in Middlesboro and Bell County, has been for years. I think they even have broadband now.

I don't live in Middlesboro but it's my home town. We look forward to moving back down there in just a few years when we retire.

Maybe I took the post wrong, but it seems for all the world that highliner is putting the region down.

I grew up next door to you (Tazewell TN area) there nightrider, had a lot of good times in Middlesboro as a teenager growing up in the 1960's.

Old 06-04-2007, 06:40 AM

Oh wow, I have found a new home. I am always looking for someone from my area. We live in Cincinati now but will be returning to Kentucky in just about 6 1/2 years (yeah, I am already counting them down).

People don't don't seem to realize just how great that area is. The people are so friendly and helpful. The area itself is beautiful. I have been over through Tazewell many times, matter of fact, I will be headed over that way when we go home in July for vacation. With a little bit of luck, I will have a brand new little girl cousin by then living there.

I think people don't think that there is internet sevice down there because most of the people don't seem to want to post on any message board, never could figure that one out.

Anywho, if either of you want my AIM or Yahoo name, PM me and we'll chat away.

Edited to say that I jsut edited my profile.

Old 06-05-2007, 09:31 AM

329 posts, read 1,099,135 times
When relocating from California to Kentucky back in 1991.. I have the funniest memory from Middlesboro.. mind you I absolutely ADORE Eastern Kentucky.. and now reside in Morehead.. so take this as a 21 year old just arriving in Middlesboro after three days of driving and being born and raised in Northern California her whole life.. ok there's my excuse, now to the story...

I wanted to be a police officer since I was small.. so we arrived in Middlesboro and stayed the night. Went to Denny's for breakfast (myself, my mom and my 10 year brother). I asked the waitress when she came over (she was about mid 30's i guessed) what the police department size approximately was there, and if she knew if there might be opportunities for new officers being hired. She looked at me with this confused sort of startled look on her face , and in the thickest accent my 21 yo old Cali girl self had ever heard.. she said, "Well I aint never heard of a female cop before"... My mouth fell open in shock.. my neck swiveled around to my mom in slow motion like on the Exorcist.. and I started singing the twilight zone music... we all had a good laugh and then we mozied on up around the Richmond area... where we settled in for a decade or so.. LOL.. that's my story.. I fell in love with the Middlesboro area.... the people there just said there were really no jobs to speak of, and most had to drive 50 miles to Knoxville for work ... that's why we chose not to stay.. I thought it was beautiful there though!! I'll have to make it a definite trip to go back and visit Middlesboro again, now that I'm 37 and lovin E-Ky!!!

Old 06-05-2007, 02:16 PM

I didn't realize Middlesboro ever had a Dennys.

You really need to visit again, a lot has changed. There still isn't a lot of good paying jobs, or so I have been told.

I love going over into Tennessee now that they have put twin tunnels under the Cumberland Gap. I hated and was scared of old 25E going over the Cumberland Mountain. We will take several trips over there when we go in. I always have to visit the Cumberland Gap General Store to see what kind of dolls they have. I have bought several from over there and they are a lot cheaper there than any I have found up here.

Well time for me to quit rambling. I guess I am just anxious to get down home. Just over 3 weeks till vacation.

Old 07-19-2007, 06:04 AM

1 posts, read 2,350 times
Default Middlesboro Roots

Good morning, all.
I'm a one-time visitor to Middlesboro where my paternal grandparents spent a good part of their lives. Max, my grandfather, was a tailor. Grandmother Ann was a housewife.
Currently researching what the town was like in the 30's, 40's. Any leads appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Larry Stern

Old 07-19-2007, 12:12 PM

329 posts, read 1,099,135 times
Sorry LT... maybe the other posters can help? I'm only a one time visitor to that area myself.. but good luck with your research!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky