U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Unread 05-06-2008, 10:13 AM

1 posts, read 2,082 times
Default Willard, Kentucky

I was driving thru a very rural area in Carter County called Willard, KY. I happened upon the most beautiful farm, at least the sign said Sunset Farm. It was enclosed by a white fence and had a very impressive home on the hill and a beautiful log home in the lower area. I was just wondering if anyone knows anything about it. Does the home belong to a celebrity or something. I've seen a lot of beautiful homes in rural areas, but nothing like this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 05-07-2008, 07:38 AM

108 posts, read 284,328 times
I have no idea who owns that place. I can think of several people that might have the money, but your guess is as good as mine. Miley Cyrus probably could have paid for the whole thing in cash with just the profit from her latest Hannah Montana tour!

I know that Ashley Judd has a house in Bellefonte...let's see, who else is from the Ashland area? There's Chuck Woolery, the host of the old Newlywed Game (he always asked the contestants questions about making whoopee) but I don't think he makes much money anymore. Noah Adams from NPR is from Ashland, but as far as I know, he doesn't own a house in the area. On a side note, I think he might be related to me, because my great-grandfather's last name was Adams. Years ago, my great-grandfather was the postmaster of the little "town" (I'm using that term loosely) of Adams in Lawrence County, so they named the town after him. Brandon Webb is also from Ashland...he pitches for the Diamondbacks and won the Cy Young Award a couple of years ago.

More than likely, though, the owner of Sunset Farm isn't anyone famous. It's probably just someone who made a lot of money in coal or oil.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky