U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2008, 05:33 AM

6,749 posts, read 19,551,450 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
Maybe they have finally figured out how much we have to offer.
I think so too! We do have so much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2008, 05:59 AM

2,927 posts, read 7,391,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentuckyguy View Post
This is a neat article in Southern Living that I found that features Northern Kentucky. Check it out! Thanks. SouthernLiving.com Travel and Vacations A Northern Kentucky Dining Delight - SouthernLiving.com
Nice article about Northern Ky.

Old 05-08-2008, 08:38 AM

1,459 posts, read 4,040,439 times
Ky. is one of the most beautiful states that anyone would want to travel around in and has so much to offer. I was born on a mountain side waaaay out yonder in the woods in Claiborne County TN near the KY line (Cumberland Gap area ) and spent a lot of time in KY as a youngster. I own property in KY and have a lot of family there and visit several times a year.

I lived in KY for several years and traveled around the state a great deal, besides good food, good bourbon, fast horses and wild women Ky has a great deal to offer the nature lovers like myself. I have a son and daughter that live in Lexington and we built two log cabins on my property up there for weekend get aways. Sometimes during the summer my wife and I go up and stay 4-5 days at the cabins.

As for me it just don't get any better than being outdoors enjoying nature. For the new comers to KY that enjoy nature here are just a few of many things to do in KY, I have been to all these places over the years and enjoyed every minute of it. Did I mention that I done went and fetched myself one of them purdy little KY gals and married her 26 years ago.

Kentucky: Southeastern Kentucky trails and falls - TripAdvisor

http://aolsearch.aol.com/aol/search?encquery=8779e40fbb232ac729dbb9f4bdf86d1d&i nvocationType=keyword_rollover&ie=UTF-8 (broken link)

Old 05-08-2008, 07:23 PM

137 posts, read 385,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim280 View Post
Ky. is one of the most beautiful states that anyone would want to travel around in and has so much to offer. I was born on a mountain side waaaay out yonder in the woods in Claiborne County TN near the KY line (Cumberland Gap area ) and spent a lot of time in KY as a youngster. I own property in KY and have a lot of family there and visit several times a year.

I lived in KY for several years and traveled around the state a great deal, besides good food, good bourbon, fast horses and wild women Ky has a great deal to offer the nature lovers like myself. I have a son and daughter that live in Lexington and we built two log cabins on my property up there for weekend get aways. Sometimes during the summer my wife and I go up and stay 4-5 days at the cabins.

As for me it just don't get any better than being outdoors enjoying nature. For the new comers to KY that enjoy nature here are just a few of many things to do in KY, I have been to all these places over the years and enjoyed every minute of it. Did I mention that I done went and fetched myself one of them purdy little KY gals and married her 26 years ago.

Kentucky: Southeastern Kentucky trails and falls - TripAdvisor

http://aolsearch.aol.com/aol/search?encquery=8779e40fbb232ac729dbb9f4bdf86d1d&i nvocationType=keyword_rollover&ie=UTF-8 (broken link)
Great post! I am glad to hear someone else who is not from KY, tell of how much they like the state, why and what they appreiciate about it. That is neat that you bought property in Lexington! What a beautiful and charming city. That is also neat that you married a Kentucky Southern Belle. Thank you for sharing your life with us Kentuckians and tell'in us about your life and what you appreciate about the great state of ours! I must say, that TN is a beautiful and wonderful state that has so much to offer. You are truly blessed to have grown up there! I personally love visiting Tennessee! Take care and again, I loved great post!

Old 05-08-2008, 07:57 PM

4,114 posts, read 8,896,576 times
How funny. A Southern-themed magazine featuring an article on a "yankee-fied" locale. I don't care if it is in Kentucky, and I even like NKY, but come on... There's nothing Southern, period, about Kentucky north of Dry Ridge.

Of course, I've seen St. Louis featured once in SL, so this isn't the first time a nothing-Southern-about-it locale has been featured in the magazine.

Old 05-09-2008, 05:16 AM

6,749 posts, read 19,551,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcm1986 View Post
How funny. A Southern-themed magazine featuring an article on a "yankee-fied" locale. I don't care if it is in Kentucky, and I even like NKY, but come on... There's nothing Southern, period, about Kentucky north of Dry Ridge.

Of course, I've seen St. Louis featured once in SL, so this isn't the first time a nothing-Southern-about-it locale has been featured in the magazine.
JCM that wasn't very nice. Just because you don't think it it Southern doesn't mean that there's others who disagree. Heck, there are some who will argue about St Louis too. If you don't like something, you don't have to say it. Don't rain on someone else's parade.

Old 05-09-2008, 04:14 PM

156 posts, read 559,416 times
this is awesome

Old 05-09-2008, 06:28 PM

1,459 posts, read 4,040,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentuckyguy View Post
Great post! I am glad to hear someone else who is not from KY, tell of how much they like the state, why and what they appreiciate about it. That is neat that you bought property in Lexington! What a beautiful and charming city. That is also neat that you married a Kentucky Southern Belle. Thank you for sharing your life with us Kentuckians and tell'in us about your life and what you appreciate about the great state of ours! I must say, that TN is a beautiful and wonderful state that has so much to offer. You are truly blessed to have grown up there! I personally love visiting Tennessee! Take care and again, I loved great post!
Thanks Kentuckyguy, when I'm in KY I always feel right at home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky