U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2008, 04:17 PM

8,758 posts, read 8,634,626 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilo0854 View Post
I got a spinal MRI and had to wait over a month for an appt, now if I had a broken arm they would take them right away. I'm sure if its critical they move up the timeframe. Like if you need heart bypass and your in iminent danger you probably get priority. Canadians I've talked to say its not that bad. I think its a matter of what each individual regards as important. Actually Taiwan has the MRI's instead of xrays. Don't know if Canada still uses xrays or not. I know most of the time I get xrays first AZ.

One of my Canadian friend's brother dislocated his shoulder and it would require surgery to repair it. They sent him home and told him it would be two months until he could get it operated on. Do you know how painful a dislocated shouder is? They drove him across the border to the US and he was operated on within a few days. There is a reason health professionals do not want this type of health care system. Canada is rethinking their whole healthcare system and many are wanting to restructure it like ours...imagine that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2008, 05:07 PM

3,790 posts, read 7,562,005 times
I think it is crazy as hell for me to pay $269 for a CT scan of my sinuses...and that $269...IS AFTER MY INSURACE PAID THEIR SHARE!!! I have government BC&BS, which is one of the best plans in the country and I still had to pay out the wazoo.

Old 05-10-2008, 05:44 PM

2,927 posts, read 7,392,332 times
Well I'll be voting McCain.

Old 05-10-2008, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InLondon View Post
Well I'll be voting McCain.
At least you will be voting and for that I applaud you.

Old 05-10-2008, 05:51 PM

8,758 posts, read 8,634,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentuckydad95 View Post
I think it is crazy as hell for me to pay $269 for a CT scan of my sinuses...and that $269...IS AFTER MY INSURACE PAID THEIR SHARE!!! I have government BC&BS, which is one of the best plans in the country and I still had to pay out the wazoo.

My son had an MRI right in the sports doctor's office that would have cost $1200.00 and we only had to pay a $20.00 copay.

Old 05-10-2008, 05:59 PM

149 posts, read 688,800 times
Am arriving late in this discussion but i think its crazy nobody seems to realize the importance that international politics and foreign policy oughta play in deciding who to select for presidential candidate to face McCain in November. Yes folks, we gotta understand that trade agreements between India, China and Brazil have incredible powerful effect on our economy. Nevermind the Mideast where Bush has bet the bank.

Obama??? zilch, zero, nada foreign policy background - doubt he's got a clue in the world. In fact he almost seemed downright dangerous in some of the conjectures he's made. And an Iraqi policy from him? Forget about it! Probly *coulda* make a decent president down the road though, say after chairing the veep seat under Hilary. Heck, if he'd git off his high horse and accept bein the VP for the next administration then Democrats coulda held the White House through 2024.

And then there's Hilary Clinton - with her we get Bill for free!! And haint no American statesman better respected and liked on the global front than Bill Clinton. Woulda been perfect to see him and Hilary sort out the mess that Bush has gotten us into overseas.

Personally i think Democrat primaries stunk from day one, seein both Hilary and Barry pussyfoot around the important issues yet singing the old health care song'n dance, massaging each other's shoulders in between soft-soap questions posed by the "debate" moderator. Meanwhile ducking the really important stuff like how each intends to set the course for how USA presents itself in partnership to rest of the world.

Old 05-10-2008, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
My son had an MRI right in the sports doctor's office that would have cost $1200.00 and we only had to pay a $20.00 copay.
Now had my doctor had a CT scan machine in their office, I would have paid the same. I had to go the local hospital for the CT. The whole test was $1,100, so I guess my share wasn't too bad. Better than having NO insurance!!!

Back to the topic, I would really like to see Obama/Clinton on one ticket. If that happens, McCain loses by 70.

Old 05-10-2008, 06:51 PM

9,583 posts, read 20,459,831 times
Has for health care.. government subsidies or tax breaks for low income people to get PREVENTATIVE health care and tests would save our system money (obviously removing cancer polyps is cheaper than colon cancer treatment) Currently most low income people don't go to the doctor until they are terminally ill

McCain reminds me a lot of George the first, who was highly qualified, selfless, and possessed tremendous humility and courage. H.W. bloodlessly ended the Cold War, and produced economic policies which paved the way for the prosperity of the 1990s - rarely are either accurately credited to him.

Obama is inspiring and very intelligent. His lack of experience will be an issue if he surrounds himself with unqualified people who have an agenda, which is what happened to Dubya

Old 05-10-2008, 07:02 PM

285 posts, read 792,194 times
You know I'm done with this discussion I stand by my beliefs. I respect anybody elses choices. All I know is what I live. Our country is a mess and I don't see it stopping anytime soon. The cost to fix it will be coming from us. I know what I pay for insurance and copays/meds along, food, gas and everything else I'm struggling to keep my teen and I solvent. Worked for 30 years(same used to be large company that offshored most of its work and laid off thousands) got a 2 yr and 4 yr degree which at the time I was working fulltime and raising my daughter. I guess I'm kist tired. Nov. we will see who wins and then another who knows how long to get this country on a course that will help our youth to get good jobs and pay decent with benefits. I'm praying for the best for myself and family and will vote.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky