U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 06:34 PM

216 posts, read 1,072,436 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomocox View Post
How silly! With all the respect that I have for women, yet also a deep and abiding love for Kentucky terminology, while I understand your thoughts, I won't pull an historically accurate analogy. If you are offended, I am deeply and truly sorry.
I am certainly not offended at all...I just have a strong dislike of euphemisms that trivialize relationships between people and compare them to buying animals.

Here's another one I read recently that someone who enjoys euphemisms might want to start throwing around:

"Why buy the whole pig for just one sausage?"

I dislike that one too...but maybe some of the ladies out there might want to use that one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2008, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilo0854 View Post
I'm sorry Cynthia but many times the "get the milk for free" is a true definition of what might be the deciding factor if a relationship is to "work". If that is true then one may want to rethink there friend is not into a real relationship for the long haul. It just depends on what and individual wants from there relationship. I'm divorced but the one thing I have to admit is it takes two to make a relationship and two to break it. I hardly ever hear the party with a divorce take at least some of the blame. I said "I do" also and so that makes me respondsible for allowing the union. I can't blame my ex for my contribution. Just another way to look at it in my opinion.
No apologies needed! That is what makes a forum so great...you have a place to express your thoughts.

I do know what you mean. It does take two for a relationship to work.

I just hope that when the cow buyer actually purchases the cow, that he or she actually understands the responsibility involved with taking care of such a large beast. Sometimes it's hard to know that until it's actually purchased. I know that the cow I purchased seventeen years ago has actually turned out to be a pretty nice creature and not too bad to take care of. I have to admit that I did actually have some milk before I purchased the cow and decided that I wanted that cow all to myself!

Old 05-13-2008, 08:11 PM

4,824 posts, read 12,480,400 times
I know this isn't a romance forum, but since the free love era of the 1960's our society has gone far and away from decency. I am an animal husbandry student. Humans should watch the mating rituals of successful animal societies. Instinct gave us the tools to survive. Why did we throw them away?

Old 05-13-2008, 08:39 PM

Quote:
I know this isn't a romance forum, but since the free love era of the 1960's our society has gone far and away from decency. I am an animal husbandry student. Humans should watch the mating rituals of successful animal societies. Instinct gave us the tools to survive. Why did we throw them away?
Hummm....which successful animal societies are you referring to? I've watched the mating of dogs, horses, and cats. Doesn't seem they care much at all about how much, and with how many. Anyway...like you said, this is not a romance forum, but it sure was fun.

Old 05-13-2008, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynthia007 View Post
Hummm....which successful animal societies are you referring to? I've watched the mating of dogs, horses, and cats. Doesn't seem they care much at all about how much, and with how many. Anyway...like you said, this is not a romance forum, but it sure was fun.
Quite simply for a successful courtship, the female of every species selects the best male... the male just wants every thing. When the system is allowed to work, our society wins.

Old 05-13-2008, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Quite simply for a successful courtship, the female of every species selects the best male... the male just wants every thing. When the system is allowed to work, our society wins.
Since we will soon have a new leader of our society, let's put that one out to McCain, Hillary and Obama and see what they would say. Now THAT would make politics interesting.

Old 05-15-2008, 07:43 PM

6,961 posts, read 12,378,519 times
Quote:
ivanna, I am not a single man, but I played one on radio. Does the word ugleeeeeeeee come to mind? Actually, I was a single man living both outside the triangle and inside the triangle. I can speak to you as a has been.

No matter what part of the state, nation, or Earth you tread, there are some mighty fine examples of single men and single women. There are also some real bums out there. Loneliness is a terrible burden and often much worse a catalyst causing huge mistakes. We all want to be loved. Anyone who doesn't is, well, unhealthy at best.

I promise you this. If you come to Kentucky, if you share your inner-beauty, that is your heart and soul with a man deserving (key word there) of your love, then you will look back and say, "this was the place to come to live." However, if you come to Kentucky and allow loneliness to command you, you will likely fall for one of Kentucky's jerks and wish you had never set foot here.

It's up to you my lovely friend. Come to Kentucky, be lovely, show love, practice love, and the men will find you. Come to Kentucky and hide under a rock and you'll be miserable in any part of the state.

Set your criteria high. You must believe that you are worthy of a good man, and you must test, test, and retest. All men love to get the milk free without buying the cow. If you are worthy and if he is a good man who really is worthy of you, he will understand your testing, and he will adore your worthfulness and he will reward you with love and shower you with attention.

I have travelled the rocky roads of romance, and I know. My bride is everything to me, and she expresses her love to me as I never can adequately express.
Tom, that was good! You working for eharmony? lol My wife and I met online. Funny thing is we met on 2 different sites!

Old 05-16-2008, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kygman View Post
Tom, that was good! You working for eharmony? lol My wife and I met online. Funny thing is we met on 2 different sites!
Aint life so much fun?

Old 05-16-2008, 05:51 AM

6,749 posts, read 19,556,639 times
Wow y'all are brave! I don't think I could ever meet someone other than the traditional way

Old 05-16-2008, 04:09 PM

6,296 posts, read 13,179,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanna serf View Post
I am a 49 divorcee, no kids, attractive, and sick of arizona, packing to move to KY. First I thought of moving to Lexington after recently returning from and can't stop thinking about, then upon perusing the forum, Louisville sounded beautiful, now, Richmond...... help! I'm wanting to move and settle down with a nice guy - have fantasy they may exist, maybe in KY. The ppl there are wonderful, that I know, so, maybe...., just MAYBE, a mate???? Hmmm - what are the odds. Really. What ARE the odds?

Anyone able to suggest where there are more singles or opportunities to meet other singles in KY? Thx
This is very easy. Louisville. Its the only place in KY for a single person your age. Alternatively, you could look at the NKY burbs of Cincy, but realize you would focusing on the Cincy scene and would have a more northern vibe. Being single at your age, I would not even consider anywhere else in KY.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or