U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2008, 10:20 PM

8,758 posts, read 8,639,341 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcm1986 View Post
Louisville and Lexington are your best bets, as they have the highest numbers of college-educated, professional males, and their metro areas are the least impoverished and have the lowest unemployment rate in the state. That same argument applies to Covington, and its MainStrasse area is very nice; while there are only two corporate HQs in Covington, the whole Northern Kentucky it is in has a booming economy, more so than anywhere in the state, and Cincinnati is immediately across the Ohio River. All three regions have high qualities of life, stunning historical gems and beautiful scenery.

If you're a bit pretentious and, more often than not, enjoy putting on nice looking khaki-colored capris, a silk blouse, and sporting a $75 hair-do and $100 purse when going out even to Applebee's, Lexington generally is your place. Louisville and Northern Kentucky are generally less pretentious and have some more down-to-earth folks that aren't dirty or scroungy but are still presentable, clean, yet don't dress to impress. (Of course, I'm speaking of generalities!)

As for Richmond...pffffft. I've been there 20-25 times EASILY for parties, standardized tests, etc. I don't think much of the town or Madison County at all!!! It is a dirty little town with mostly scroungy, impolite people, in my experience. Very few college graduates from there at EKU actually stay in Richmond, so your experiences as a middle-aged single female will likely be...lonely. (No offense to folks who like Richmond. I go down there to chill w/ friends, NONE of whom are from Richmond.)

I don't seek to offend anybody, but I just wanted to present the lady from Arizona with my honest-to-God and hopefully helpful take.

You crack me up when you talk about someone being pretentious. You seem a little pretentious to me yourself. You are very judgemental about Kentucky and it's people overall. Maybe you are not the best goodwill abassador we could have on here. Also, Louisville, Lexingon, and northern Kentucky, although very nice are not the "only" great places in Kentucky.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2008, 11:23 PM

1,833 posts, read 5,755,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
You crack me up when you talk about someone being pretentious. You seem a little pretentious to me yourself. You are very judgemental about Kentucky and it's people overall. Maybe you are not the best goodwill abassador we could have on here. Also, Louisville, Lexingon, and northern Kentucky, although very nice are not the "only" great places in Kentucky.
LOL, I was thinking the same thing. Since I'm just some uneducated dirty, scroungy hick living in some dirty little town outside the precious metro areas what would I know? Good thing I don't wear shoes or I'd never be able to count past 10.

Old 05-17-2008, 02:43 AM

6,971 posts, read 12,388,074 times
Quote:
Dixie, didn't you know quite a few people in the forums think the Kentucky state line ends at I-65? Everything further west is the "suburbs"! lol

Old 05-17-2008, 05:00 AM

6,749 posts, read 19,563,802 times
Quote:
Absolutely Dixie! Kentucky has wonderful people and places all over this great Commonwealth!

Old 05-17-2008, 10:00 PM

4,114 posts, read 8,905,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davart View Post
LOL, I was thinking the same thing. Since I'm just some uneducated dirty, scroungy hick living in some dirty little town outside the precious metro areas what would I know? Good thing I don't wear shoes or I'd never be able to count past 10.
Well, gosh darn it, that's exactly what I was implying. Don't 'cha know?

Come on, most of 4.2 million people are just everyday folks trying to live happy lives and support their families. What's so backwoods about that?

Last edited by EclecticEars; 05-17-2008 at 11:33 PM..

Old 05-18-2008, 05:04 AM

6,749 posts, read 19,563,802 times
As far as whether Louisville is pretentious or not that depends greatly on what part of town you are in, too. I went to high school with ALOT of east enders and they dressed up for everything. I tend to dress up for things too but I get more into that the older I get.

Old 05-19-2008, 04:19 AM

4,824 posts, read 12,485,940 times
Default Yes, I am an egotist, but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomocox View Post
No matter what part of the state, nation, or Earth you tread, there are some mighty fine examples of single men and single women. There are also some real bums out there. Loneliness is a terrible burden and often much worse a catalyst causing huge mistakes. We all want to be loved. Anyone who doesn't is, well, unhealthy at best.

I promise you this. If you come to Kentucky, if you share your inner-beauty, that is your heart and soul with a man deserving (key word there) of your love, then you will look back and say, "this was the place to come to live." However, if you come to Kentucky and allow loneliness to command you, you will likely fall for one of Kentucky's jerks and wish you had never set foot here.

It's up to you my lovely friend. Come to Kentucky, be lovely, show love, practice love, and the men will find you. Come to Kentucky and hide under a rock and you'll be miserable in any part of the state.
Quite frankly, I hope I don't come across as an egotist by repeating what I wrote earlier, but if I do please forgive me. As I sit in Micky's city (Orlando) writing this, I feel this thread lost its theme somewhere along the way. It was a question of romance and where to find it in Kentucky as I best remember.

There is no need to bash Kentucky, her people, or the places love can be found inside her borders. Kentucky has love in the hollar's of the hills, the plains of the Bluegrass, and the flats of the Purchase. I recently was faced with a choice of buying a business franchise and where to locate it. I could locate it in Jefferson County and have 4000 potential clients, or I could locate it in Oldham County and have less than 400 potential clients. To have located in Jefferson would have meant more expenditures, higher cash risk, etc, but more opportunity, so why did we decide on Oldham? Simply because of the quality of the 400. While there are for sure more than 400 good clients in Jefferson, the effort to find them would be harder.

Likewise, when looking for romance in Kentucky, while the rural and smaller populated areas like Bowling Green, Ashland, Henderson, and Murray have fewer singles, the risk for a bum may be less while the potential for a prince or princess might be greater.

It's not about the size of the population or the quality of the night-life my friends, its about the heart that beats inside of you that matters.

Kentucky will provide a wonderful mate most anywhere, are you worthy?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or