U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2008, 09:07 AM

73 posts, read 199,406 times

Advertisements

I've been going over the paper with a fine tooth comb looking for a place to rent. I wish we could buy, but we're just not ready. Anyway I've had no fewer than 20 people tell me no because I have (large) dogs. They don't like Stella because she's a shepherd mix and they REALLY don't like Jack because he's boxer/pit.

We're a picturesque family. Stay at home mom, professional dad, 9yo daughter and 2 dogs. What's not to love!?

I'm totally flexible as to where, and what size place. Apt, townhome, house ANYTHING, as long as they'll allow my dogs! Does anyone have any suggestions where to look? DH's first day at work should be June 16th (if nothing changes) so we're looking to move the week before. I was hoping to have something secured to put down a deposit on the 1st.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2008, 09:22 PM

149 posts, read 688,933 times
Reconnoitre "pet restrictions" oughta mean additional deposit to steam-clean carpets or protect against woodwork gittin chomped by teething puppy. This time of year at college town oughta be millions of openings. Have ye got real estate agent, better yet buyer's broker, willing to take ye under their wing? Seems bad business for realtor turning future buyer away. Y'all wantin to rent before buying makes perfect sense.

Old 05-27-2008, 05:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KYcoyote View Post
Reconnoitre "pet restrictions" oughta mean additional deposit to steam-clean carpets or protect against woodwork gittin chomped by teething puppy. This time of year at college town oughta be millions of openings. Have ye got real estate agent, better yet buyer's broker, willing to take ye under their wing? Seems bad business for realtor turning future buyer away. Y'all wantin to rent before buying makes perfect sense.
That's what I thought too! This is seriously making me cry on a daily basis. And doesn't the fact that I COMMITTED to taking care of my dogs show some sort of character or responsibility or something? I've called a ton of agents that I've found from listings online, but nothing is panning out. This is a problem I'm willing to throw some money at for an additional pet deposit, but we're really trying to lower our bills so that eventually we can BUY a house of our own.

I'm hoping a ton of stuff will open up in June, but so scared. We're supposed to move in 18 days and I still don't have anything yet.

Old 05-27-2008, 02:39 PM

3,790 posts, read 7,563,624 times
The ironic part is that people will allow someone to live in an apartment with 5 kids who tear up everything in sight, but one dog...OH HELL NO!!!

Old 05-31-2008, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentuckydad95 View Post
The ironic part is that people will allow someone to live in an apartment with 5 kids who tear up everything in sight, but one dog...OH HELL NO!!!
Isn't it though! I have a nine year old and I guarentee in the 4 years I've lived in my current apt she's done WAY more damage to my carpet than these dogs have in 3 months! LOL (and they're PUPPIES!)

I've got a couple of leads and applications out, but I'm scared to get too optimistic. We did get a reprieve. We're moving on the 20th instead of the 19th so I have another week to find something.

Old 06-04-2008, 09:39 AM

I think I found something! It's a duplex out in Plumb Springs. That should give me enough time to get Jack certified as a Canine Good Citizen, and that should help future housing situations.

I checked out Bristow Elementary on greatschools.com and they painted a dismal picture, it it really that bad? A 4 out of 10?

Old 06-05-2008, 01:54 PM

101 posts, read 376,257 times
The Fairways at Hearland apartment homes allows pets. Very nice complex. One, two, and three apts and townhomes.

Emmie

Old 06-05-2008, 02:22 PM

149 posts, read 688,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowlinggreenorbust View Post
I think I found something! It's a duplex out in Plumb Springs. That should give me enough time to get Jack certified as a Canine Good Citizen, and that should help future housing situations.
Plumb Springs is great location, beats the southside in my opinion. Far enough away from WKU that its a genuine real community.

Old 06-06-2008, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmie3g View Post
The Fairways at Hearland apartment homes allows pets. Very nice complex. One, two, and three apts and townhomes.

Emmie
But they don't allow Pit bulls.

Old 06-06-2008, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KYcoyote View Post
Plumb Springs is great location, beats the southside in my opinion. Far enough away from WKU that its a genuine real community.
So glad to hear that! I can't tell you how relieved I finally was to find something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky