Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2008, 07:15 AM

36 posts, read 65,489 times

Advertisements

thanks for your posts bostonredsock5 and jcm.
appearances don't really bother me too much as I have seen much worse.

Can anyone tell me where the industries are in Richmond? What kind of factories and where are they? Also, is there an area of Richmond that I should stay away from?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2008, 02:51 PM

4,826 posts, read 14,310,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eatyourvegetables View Post
thanks for your posts bostonredsock5 and jcm.
appearances don't really bother me too much as I have seen much worse.

Can anyone tell me where the industries are in Richmond? What kind of factories and where are they? Also, is there an area of Richmond that I should stay away from?
In all seriousness. If you need to live in Madison County, I would recommend that you consider the Berea area.

Old 05-31-2008, 08:01 AM

I don't think living in Berea is a possibility (unfortunately).

Again, what factories/industries are located IN Richmond? Is there an area of Richmond I should especially stay away from and not live in? Is there a rough side of town? What's bad about it? Thanks

Old 05-31-2008, 10:06 AM

439 posts, read 1,232,402 times
Quote:
I don't think living in Berea is a possibility (unfortunately).

Again, what factories/industries are located IN Richmond? Is there an area of Richmond I should especially stay away from and not live in? Is there a rough side of town? What's bad about it? Thanks

There is a small spot I would say stay away from a little outside of downtown. It rundown and I know police went there alot, as I was a police Major in EKU. As far as factories, I think it is a battery manufacturing place on the bypass. I live in Lexington now so im going off memory. I think Richmond is hit or miss with people, I loved but as you can tell some people hate it. It's crowed during school and a little less so during the summer. There is a point that some people can be more backwoods if you will than others but I dont think it was that bad. I moved to Richmond from Chicago, took a few months but I loved it.

Old 05-31-2008, 11:20 AM

Thank you ty ty Bostonredsock5! I will be visiting Richmond again this summer to see if I fit. I'm also from the Chicago area and cannot wait to make the drive

Thanks again to everyone's very informative posts. Take care.

Old 05-31-2008, 08:46 PM

439 posts, read 1,232,402 times
Quote:
Thank you ty ty Bostonredsock5! I will be visiting Richmond again this summer to see if I fit. I'm also from the Chicago area and cannot wait to make the drive

Thanks again to everyone's very informative posts. Take care.

word of advice to my fellow Illini DONT speed in KY they LOVE to give us tickets. I have been pulled over 3 times along 64, once for 5 over. If you have any questions please ask away I will try to help.

Old 06-01-2008, 10:43 AM

Alrighty...I have a feeling I'll be sending you DM's pretty soon before our trip.

Old 06-01-2008, 12:41 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,470,414 times
Richmond by median household income

Richmond by percent w/ a bachelor's degree

Old 06-15-2008, 12:39 PM

Welp, I visited Richmond this past weekend. It looks like, compared to last year, it's been cleaned up a bit. The only thing I can complain about is the downtown. It seems like a lot of stores have moved out and the only stores now are related to law or tattoos :P Has Richmond lost a lot of stores or is just me? Also, the fact that Richmond isn't that walkable is a bit disappointing. I was hoping to move to a place that I can walk everywhere! Looking online a homes for sale, it seems like the only houses you can buy are overpriced mobile homes. Is this because lots of people are moving into Richmond? Also, I am wondering if any areas flood? I have seen some pictures on Shady Oaks Dr. of some pretty severe flooding, which worries me.

Old 06-15-2008, 01:00 PM

2,926 posts, read 8,570,973 times
Quote:
Welp, I visited Richmond this past weekend. It looks like, compared to last year, it's been cleaned up a bit. The only thing I can complain about is the downtown. It seems like a lot of stores have moved out and the only stores now are related to law or tattoos :P Has Richmond lost a lot of stores or is just me? Also, the fact that Richmond isn't that walkable is a bit disappointing. I was hoping to move to a place that I can walk everywhere! Looking online a homes for sale, it seems like the only houses you can buy are overpriced mobile homes. Is this because lots of people are moving into Richmond? Also, I am wondering if any areas flood? I have seen some pictures on Shady Oaks Dr. of some pretty severe flooding, which worries me.
Flooding in Richmond?? I wouldn't be worried about it. Soon the huge Richmond Centre will be opening and that's where the stores will be. The Gibson Bay area off the Eastern Bypass is close to everything and is a very nice neighborhood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky