U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-29-2008, 05:57 AM
 
Location: Kentucky
6,749 posts, read 19,563,802 times
Reputation: 2116

Advertisements

Lexington tops list of enemies to environment (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-29-2008, 08:17 AM
 
Location: In the Pearl of the Purchase, Ky
6,971 posts, read 12,388,074 times
Reputation: 29162
Been seeing it on CNN Headline News this morning. Not good for Kentucky is it?
What's funny about it being on the news is what tops that story. The $100/hr nude maid that robbed a house is talked about more! Imagine that! lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-29-2008, 08:26 AM
 
414 posts, read 1,128,257 times
Reputation: 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by kygman View Post
Been seeing it on CNN Headline News this morning. Not good for Kentucky is it?
What's funny about it being on the news is what tops that story. The $100/hr nude maid that robbed a house is talked about more! Imagine that! lol
You can really hire a nude maid?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-29-2008, 09:09 AM
 
Location: Far Western KY
1,833 posts, read 5,755,600 times
Reputation: 845
By all means let's let the environmentalist tell us how to live, what to drive, what to eat, what light bulbs to use, how much electric we're allowed and so on. Let's let them make a list so they they look down their green noses at those that don't fit their mold.

I'm all about be a responsible steward of the earth, but the environmentalist are more about control of others life than responsible stewardships of the earth.

So to rebut the global warming alarmist that write these stories ...
31,000 scientists reject 'global warming' agenda

If someone wants to be green, then by golly be green, but don't force your green lifestyle down my throat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-29-2008, 01:33 PM
 
688 posts, read 2,724,721 times
Reputation: 280
Nice!

Quote:
Why Lexington's is bad: The Lexington metropolitan area's footprint is large because most of the region's electricity is produced by burning coal; sprawling subdivisions encourage commuting; building codes don't stress efficiency; and the climate creates year-round heating and cooling costs. The metro area consists of Bourbon, Clark, Fayette, Jessamine, Scott and Woodford counties.
And we're followed in line by Louisville and N KY at the top of that list.

Of course, the relative pollution overall is much less than larger cities than LA. It is the per capita footprint that gave the KY cities such a bad ranking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-29-2008, 02:21 PM
 
Location: Kentucky
6,749 posts, read 19,563,802 times
Reputation: 2116
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davart View Post
By all means let's let the environmentalist tell us how to live, what to drive, what to eat, what light bulbs to use, how much electric we're allowed and so on. Let's let them make a list so they they look down their green noses at those that don't fit their mold.

I'm all about be a responsible steward of the earth, but the environmentalist are more about control of others life than responsible stewardships of the earth.

So to rebut the global warming alarmist that write these stories ...
31,000 scientists reject 'global warming' agenda

If someone wants to be green, then by golly be green, but don't force your green lifestyle down my throat.
I agree!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-29-2008, 04:50 PM
QCP
 
185 posts, read 455,194 times
Reputation: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by kygman View Post
Been seeing it on CNN Headline News this morning. Not good for Kentucky is it?
What's funny about it being on the news is what tops that story. The $100/hr nude maid that robbed a house is talked about more! Imagine that! lol
I'm more worried about the man that got robbed by a nude maid. He paid $100 per hour for a NUDE maid....yet he took his eyes off her long enough to get robbed
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-29-2008, 05:15 PM
 
Location: Somewhere in Kentucky
3,790 posts, read 7,567,391 times
Reputation: 2413
Quote:
Originally Posted by QCP View Post
I'm more worried about the man that got robbed by a nude maid. He paid $100 per hour for a NUDE maid....yet he took his eyes off her long enough to get robbed
That's why you always have the woman clap her hands while you are out of the room.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-29-2008, 07:37 PM
 
Location: Southern Boone County, Kentucky
137 posts, read 386,146 times
Reputation: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by missymomof3 View Post
Lexington tops list of enemies to environment (broken link)
That is disappointing to hear. I would rather our state be in the news for something more positive, making our state look good to outsiders. This article really upsets me!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-29-2008, 08:48 PM
 
8,758 posts, read 8,639,341 times
Reputation: 1422
I am surprised about this. Lexington looks so pristine and clean to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top