U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-25-2008, 01:41 PM
 
6,305 posts, read 13,208,643 times
Reputation: 2790

Advertisements

Anyways, this proposal on Youtube seems generic...it seems like one of these very ambitious mixed used areas. If built as planned, it will be impressive, but I doubt it will (without even reading about it). Anyways, I would like to see an official article about the project because it has projects like a Crown Plaza and several mixed used retail/residential buildings I would like to learn about. At least BG is making an effort to make itself more urban...there is no reason it cannot have the college town charm of a Bloomington, IN but it certainly has a heck of a long ways to go to get to that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-25-2008, 03:49 PM
 
8,758 posts, read 8,645,941 times
Reputation: 1422
Quote:
Originally Posted by stx12499 View Post
Anyways, this proposal on Youtube seems generic...it seems like one of these very ambitious mixed used areas. If built as planned, it will be impressive, but I doubt it will (without even reading about it). Anyways, I would like to see an official article about the project because it has projects like a Crown Plaza and several mixed used retail/residential buildings I would like to learn about. At least BG is making an effort to make itself more urban...there is no reason it cannot have the college town charm of a Bloomington, IN but it certainly has a heck of a long ways to go to get to that.


Much of this is just projected growth, it looks like Skypac will be the next big endeavor with groundbreaking next spring and getting a major hotel to locate there will be in the works also. I know several have been in talks.
Some of this renovation has already been completed with ground cleared and being condemned for more expansion.

How Close Are Some Downtown Projects From Being Done?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-25-2008, 05:55 PM
 
6,305 posts, read 13,208,643 times
Reputation: 2790
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
Much of this is just projected growth, it looks like Skypac will be the next big endeavor with groundbreaking next spring and getting a major hotel to locate there will be in the works also. I know several have been in talks.
Some of this renovation has already been completed with ground cleared and being condemned for more expansion.

How Close Are Some Downtown Projects From Being Done?
There is no reason why BG can't pull this off. It is ambitious but it can really give it the urban college town walkability it is lacking. Places to the north like Bloomington and Ann Arbor should be models, and to the south, look no further than Tuscaloosa. BG has been posting good growth and is close to high growth Nashville so a quaint, walkable college town would do wonders for the region. It has a long way to go though and no matter what the naysayers say, a well designed single A ball park is a good start.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-25-2008, 06:17 PM
 
Location: Somewhere in Kentucky
3,790 posts, read 7,576,415 times
Reputation: 2413
Is it really single A baseball? The one affiliated with MLB?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-02-2008, 01:33 AM
 
2 posts, read 6,306 times
Reputation: 10
The area of much of the new downtown redevelopment is not far from where I grew up. I saw the computer-generated vision of the future of BG, and the fact that certain areas of town didn't seem to make the cut is certainly not lost on me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-02-2008, 08:31 AM
 
8,758 posts, read 8,645,941 times
Reputation: 1422
Quote:
Originally Posted by crawlspace View Post
The area of much of the new downtown redevelopment is not far from where I grew up. I saw the computer-generated vision of the future of BG, and the fact that certain areas of town didn't seem to make the cut is certainly not lost on me.

Which areas do you specifically mean?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-12-2008, 09:34 AM
 
Location: Whittier, California
330 posts, read 1,172,026 times
Reputation: 134
Default Bowling Green, KY

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
Bowling Green is in the middle of a huge downtown redevelopment project. Ground was broken for a new baseball stadium for a semi pro team that will be coming to town. Here is an overview of what the area will look like once finished.




YouTube - Future of Bowling Green, KY
That is very nice. But, it is identical to Pasadena, California. Too urban. That is what I am trying to get away from. I want to move to the country. I suppose Bowling Green, Kentucky isn't it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-12-2008, 11:59 AM
 
8,758 posts, read 8,645,941 times
Reputation: 1422
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasturkey View Post
That is very nice. But, it is identical to Pasadena, California. Too urban. That is what I am trying to get away from. I want to move to the country. I suppose Bowling Green, Kentucky isn't it.
Believe me Bowling Green is no Pasadena, California. You are in the country five minutes after leaving the city limits. As a matter of fact, I think some parts of the city still has cows in it...lol. I know I have seen chickens in parts of town. This is the country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-13-2008, 12:57 AM
 
Location: Whittier, California
330 posts, read 1,172,026 times
Reputation: 134
Question Country?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
Believe me Bowling Green is no Pasadena, California. You are in the country five minutes after leaving the city limits. As a matter of fact, I think some parts of the city still has cows in it...lol. I know I have seen chickens in parts of town. This is the country.
Thanks for the good news. The You Tube Video was a projection of the future growth of Bowling Green. It reminded me of Pasadena, California on Colorado Blvd. in Old Town. If Bowling Green, Kentucky is Country, I am there!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-14-2008, 08:49 PM
 
8,758 posts, read 8,645,941 times
Reputation: 1422
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasturkey View Post
Thanks for the good news. The You Tube Video was a projection of the future growth of Bowling Green. It reminded me of Pasadena, California on Colorado Blvd. in Old Town. If Bowling Green, Kentucky is Country, I am there!

Yes, that is a projection and our current mayor, I believe is from California so maybe that is why it looked similar to you. This is country living though no matter how many renovations and new developments they finish. It will be a long, long time, if ever, that this is not rural America.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top