U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2008, 05:57 PM

2,927 posts, read 7,392,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by teebird1012 View Post
I love London! A good friend of mine lives in Crooked Creek off Conley Road and every time I was in town we would go to Weaver's downtown to eat.... When is the chicken festival this year? I haven't been in a few years and would like to go back .
Oh Weaver's is good and has been around forever and ever. Crooked Creek Golf Club has had major renovations and additions to the golf course, it's very nice. There's a few million dollar homes there.

The Chicken Festival is Sept. 25 - 28. For those wondering about the name, the Festival gets its name from Colonel Sanders, he opened his first KFC Restaurant in Southern Laurel County.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2008, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missymomof3 View Post
Nice pictures! I will definately have to come visit!
You mean you've never been here??

Old 06-09-2008, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT View Post
Thanks for the pics! We see London mentioned all the time in Knoxville TV weather reports but don't know much about it. It's nice to see what the town looks like. It looks great!
Thanks JMT!

Old 06-09-2008, 09:45 PM

389 posts, read 1,472,157 times
Thanks for the pics London is a great place to visit and down to corbin too.

Old 06-10-2008, 12:52 PM

6,749 posts, read 19,553,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InLondon View Post
You mean you've never been here??
Not that I remember I'm sorry darlin! There's an awful lot of Kentucky I haven't been to but WILL by gosh!

Old 10-12-2010, 05:21 PM

308 posts, read 506,888 times
Thanks for the pictures neighbor...I'm mighty proud of London also and it's a great place to live in spite of what some may say. But, as I sometimes say, come look for your self don't take my word for it.

Old 10-12-2010, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiBall View Post
Thanks for the pictures neighbor...I'm mighty proud of London also and it's a great place to live in spite of what some may say. But, as I sometimes say, come look for your self don't take my word for it.
Hey thanks!

Old 10-13-2010, 08:20 AM

295 posts, read 813,180 times
London is a pretty little town. Sometimes when we are on vacation, we get off I75 and go the "back way" and we pass through London. It still seems strange to go down through there and not see the pottery barns with the pretty chenille bedspreads hanging outside.

While I don't have anything to back it up, it seems to me that London is rapidly growing and seems to be doing better than other Southeastern Ky towns.

Oh, and I loved the pics. I recognized several places.

Old 10-13-2010, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightrider127 View Post
London is a pretty little town. Sometimes when we are on vacation, we get off I75 and go the "back way" and we pass through London. It still seems strange to go down through there and not see the pottery barns with the pretty chenille bedspreads hanging outside.

While I don't have anything to back it up, it seems to me that London is rapidly growing and seems to be doing better than other Southeastern Ky towns.

Oh, and I loved the pics. I recognized several places.
Thanks nightrider!

What pottery barns are you talking about? I'm confused.

Old 10-13-2010, 05:35 PM

295 posts, read 813,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InLondon View Post
Thanks nightrider!

What pottery barns are you talking about? I'm confused.
I m probably calling them by the wrong name. Back in the day, many years ago when Route 25 was the main road,l there would be these little roadside places that sold dishes, etc. They would have the chenille bedspreads, most of them with an ostrich in the middle of them hanging on what looked to be clothes lines.

A lot has changed on that old road. Not a lot of businesses left. I guess I75 did a real number on them.

LOL, I am probably talking about way before your time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky