Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2007, 12:53 PM

109 posts, read 812,732 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghog69 View Post
Good luck Joe and keep us posted. Can I say how lucky you are just to be able to go now and 'visit'.
Thanx ghog69.....

Donna & I are so full of anticipation for another trip to our future home in the Madison County area.... We thought we had settled on a place in Richmond, but while on one of our daily searches on the Internet for other houses, we've come up with about 6-7 additional ones of interest.

We've notified our R.E. agent, & he is making appts. for us to see them next week...we are leaving Fl this coming Monday, & will be staying there about a week.

Will keep everone informed how our search works out. If we do find just the right home, we will make an offer & see how it goes. If good, I'll probably move there first & Donna will stay in FL until our home there is sold.

I humbly ask anyone so inclined, to please pray for us to sell our home soon.

God Bless.

JOE
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2007, 06:38 AM

190 posts, read 812,117 times
Hi Joe,
You are definitely in our prayers! Hopefully you and Donna will find the perfect place on this trip. If you get a chance, and haven't done so, visit the Artisan Center in Berea, and also the Mitchell Tolle Gallery. Make sure your realtor takes you around to the "outskirts", as there are so many little towns like mine that are close to Richmond and Berea, but out in the county. Good luck with your trip! ~joanna~

Old 02-24-2007, 10:43 AM

109 posts, read 812,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kichenwich View Post
Hi Joe,
You are definitely in our prayers! Hopefully you and Donna will find the perfect place on this trip. If you get a chance, and haven't done so, visit the Artisan Center in Berea, and also the Mitchell Tolle Gallery. Make sure your realtor takes you around to the "outskirts", as there are so many little towns like mine that are close to Richmond and Berea, but out in the county. Good luck with your trip! ~joanna~
Hi Joanna:

Good to hear from you again. Donna & I have held off from visiting any of the sites to any depth until we are settled in our own place there. We have been concentrating on finding a house....first & formost. We just can't wait to become permanent residents.

We have been to Old Town, as the Welcome Center is there in the L & N Train Station, but limited our time there to getting maps & info, as well as at the Chamber of Commerce. We feel pretty confident we have gotten the 'lay-of-the-land' down pretty well & have really travelled extensively looking at tons of places. I guess we aren't really 'picky', it's just that we see SO MANY places we love.

Thanx for keeping us in your prayers as is Kimmiey. You can never have too many prayers going for you....can you ??

Hopefully, Donna & I can finally meet you & Kimmiey once we settle down in " Our Ole' Kentucky Home"

God Bless.

JOe

Old 02-28-2007, 08:11 AM

27 posts, read 131,435 times
Hi Joe
Kimmiey told me that you would be a wealth of information for moving to the Berea area.
My husband and I currently reside in the High Desert of S California, his family are originally from Kentucky, me from England. We are also preparing our home to sell this Spring and retire in Kentucky. I have been looking all over for places that are quiet and private for us and our 5 dogs, approx 2 or so acres, so far have looked from Stearns, jamestown, russell springs, leitchfield, richmond and berea. I see it looks as though you will be moving also very soon to Richmond or Berea, maybe you could share your thoughts with us as we would really appeciate it. Did you find your dream home yet? I see from your post that you think you found your home?
Any way would appreciate any info from you.
Good Luck with the sale of your home in Florida
Best Regards
Margaret

Old 02-28-2007, 04:01 PM

21 posts, read 75,525 times
I agree you should speak with Joe. He has been a great help to me (as well as Kimmiey, Joanna and many others here) as I am looking at the Berea/Richmond area also. Hopefully he and Donna will be back soon with some great news. There is a wealth of information here along with some honest opinions on just about everything. Hopefully I can call many of you on this board 'neighbors' real soon.

Good luck in your information gathering Margaret. We are planning a trip to Ky in April and I cannot wait.

Steve

Old 03-01-2007, 07:26 AM

27 posts, read 131,435 times
Thanks for the post Steve, where are you moving from? As soon as we sell which I dearly hope wont take too long we will be flying to Kentucky for a week or so. Still so much more we want to do around the house before we put it on the market. Its a buyers market now are you know, its a worry.
Yes I look forward to hearing from Joe upon his return, I am sure he and his wife will be excited.

Thanks
Margaret

Old 03-01-2007, 08:13 AM

850 posts, read 3,158,267 times
Hey Joe - keep us posted on your trip this week! So sorry it's in the middle of the wondeful KY spring weather! Sure you don't miss those palm trees?

Wondering about housing there - as I know you are looking - when you get a chance - could you post a median range of home prices?

Thanks!

Old 03-01-2007, 04:43 PM

21 posts, read 75,525 times
Margaret- We are moving from PA. We are hoping to take advantage of a strong demand for homes in our area and leave with what little equity we have.

Hey Joe, don't forget the pictures. PICTURES!! Seriously though any info on what you have been finding would be great.

Old 03-01-2007, 07:13 PM

Hey everyone, try searching mcbrhomes.com! That's the Madison County Board of Realty website, which covers Berea and Richmond. You can also contact the "local" Berea realtor, Pennington Real Estate. if you have any ?? about Berea, pm or post and I'll answer if I can, since I'm just a couple of miles away, and my kids attend Berea schools.
~joanna~

Old 03-01-2007, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suncoastman View Post
Hi Joanna:

Good to hear from you again. Donna & I have held off from visiting any of the sites to any depth until we are settled in our own place there. We have been concentrating on finding a house....first & formost. We just can't wait to become permanent residents.

We have been to Old Town, as the Welcome Center is there in the L & N Train Station, but limited our time there to getting maps & info, as well as at the Chamber of Commerce. We feel pretty confident we have gotten the 'lay-of-the-land' down pretty well & have really travelled extensively looking at tons of places. I guess we aren't really 'picky', it's just that we see SO MANY places we love.

Thanx for keeping us in your prayers as is Kimmiey. You can never have too many prayers going for you....can you ??

Hopefully, Donna & I can finally meet you & Kimmiey once we settle down in " Our Ole' Kentucky Home"

God Bless.

JOe
Once settled, we'll either have a good old fashioned cook-out, or meet up for a nice dinner somewhere!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky