U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2012, 06:23 PM

302 posts, read 507,252 times

Advertisements

About the bears....Are people really this stupid? Unbelievable!!

Craig, even in Jersey I have numerous cans of OFF. And we have a lot of ticks here!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2012, 10:00 PM

9,784 posts, read 7,679,694 times
People who rarely connect with the natural world in person can have strange ideas about it. Sad to think people can be so ignorant and gullible, but there it is. Of course, most people would behave very different when encountering a bear - at least, I'd surely hope so!

Yes, pack your OFF! If you get outside much during the summer, it will come in very handy.

Old 12-05-2012, 06:35 AM

8,610 posts, read 5,127,751 times
Default Pain-thers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
Ya mean "pain-thers"?
Miss Blue, you can certainly get on the "Kentucky accent" threads and be an expert commentator!!!

Ah, well, Pikeville. That says it all!!!

Old 12-13-2012, 04:40 PM

791 posts, read 1,131,257 times
Could it be?

Mysterious farm animal attacks in Shelby County

Old 12-14-2012, 08:13 AM

6,368 posts, read 13,367,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogsrus View Post
Could it be...a dog?

Experts may have identified animal behind Shelby Co. attacks - WDRB 41 Louisville - News, Weather, Sports Community

Old 12-14-2012, 08:16 AM

6,368 posts, read 13,367,878 times
Here's eleven you won't have to worry about

FRANKFORT, Ky.: Hunters kill 11 black bears in Ky. last weekend | State | Kentucky.com

Old 02-03-2013, 07:16 AM

149 posts, read 277,104 times
If I had been holding a camra in the ready to shoot position about 4 years ago,while driveing through the Danial Boone Forest in Whitley Co.I possibly might have been able to snap a photo of a Mountain Lion,Couger,Panther or whatever they should be listed as.Around 125 to 150 ft. straight in front of us on a Main gravel road in the forest we saw a Big Cat dart across the road from one side to the other.He never slowed down,never paused or asked us if we would like for him or her to smile and say cheese.The cats long,thick tail was nearly as long as the body it was in a taunt position a foot or two off the ground.The cat seemed to be dark brown in color and rather large,but our guess was that it was not full grown.The largest dog we own is a Ridgeback Curr and weighs around 65-70lb. so in compairson this cat could have been somewhat larger.Usually in our experience's when we least expect it and are totally not prepaired to take a picture of any unique wildlife is when you will run upon something.Even if I were in a position to snap a pic of any meat eating animal while out in the wild if I were on foot and close enough to get a nice clear shot I doubt if that would be at the top of my list of things to do.The Danial Boone IS a wild and mysterious place.My husband and I were raised right next to the D.B.in Whitley Co.and have spent many days and nights there,and Lord willing will spend many more.We have seen and heard many unexplained things there.The deeper you go in the more beautiful it is,but also the danger factor goes up.It truely isnt safe to go entering into the forest to far without guns and dogs.In forest that vast is going to have many kinds of WILDLIFE that is still actually wild and afraid of man,so they probley will be on the move when you see them and not,I repeat not going to stop and chat with you unless there really hungery!Its been fun posting Gretta P.Enjoy the great outdoors,while we still can...

Old 02-03-2013, 07:31 AM

Mountain Lions In the Danial Boone,Oh Yes!!!!Also there is a place called Moonbow Lake on the Cumberland Falls State Park property that a few years back was covered with cat tracks all around the sandy edges of the lake.Kind of smaller than what one would think for a Mountainlion so probley Wildcat.After hikeing and exploring the area and running across these litterly or should I say ''kitty litterly'' everywhere,I told my husband that uh, lets just get on home now.Way too many sign to be down in that gap.I felt like we were exposed standing around looking at these tracks,maybe they were watching US!!!

Last edited by Grettastone; 02-03-2013 at 07:46 AM.. Reason: misspelled word

Old 02-03-2013, 07:32 AM

Thats Moonbow Lake,sorry!!

Old 03-06-2013, 10:49 AM

Thank you for your interest and takeing the time to read.Since I last posted my husband rechecked a fresh game trail in the D.B.that we had previously found a couple of weeks before.We discovered signs of Turkey use and Deer droppings and a unusually high tree rub,about 4to5 ft. on a tree that was at least 4 inches wide.The bark was peeled down and shreded.If it was a deer rub,it must be SOME Deer! Anyways my husband stopped to rest beside a huge cliff line where we had taken our lunch and rest a couple weeks prior.He saw some CAT tracks going around our own older boot prints from the weeks before.He said they wernt real large but they sure wernt left from a house cat.Ha.Not really funny,It makes me a little nervous thinking that there is a good chance that one day we will come upon something hungery.Our love of nature is much greater than that fear in life so,I just God wont perr...mit that to happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky