Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 01:20 AM

17 posts, read 64,408 times

Advertisements

Hopkinsville recieves WBKO out of Bowling Green, WPSD out of Paducah as well as all of the Nashville Networks and Hopkinsville's WKAG (non-affiliate.) Up until the late 80's early 90's they also recieved WFIE out of Evansville.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2008, 07:31 AM

11,083 posts, read 17,527,537 times
We can get Paducah on cable here in Trigg County, but I don't want a "cable" cable anywhere near my house. I'll take satellite anytime! The local channel deal is the only problem I have.

Old 06-27-2008, 07:46 AM

3,791 posts, read 8,896,876 times
I remember when I had Dish Network and they give you a "local" sports network that goes with your package. They forced me to have Fox Sports Cincy. Who the hell cares about Cincy sports in Murray, KY??? I begged and pleaded with them, but nope. That was the channel I was supposed to get. Not Fox South or Fox Midwest, which would make sense. Anywho, I am no longer Dish Network customer.

Old 06-27-2008, 10:12 AM

11,974 posts, read 25,462,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kygman View Post
We can get Paducah on cable here in Trigg County, but I don't want a "cable" cable anywhere near my house. I'll take satellite anytime! The local channel deal is the only problem I have.
I had an uncle in Corbin, KY who couldn't get Lexington or Knoxville local stations, but could get national stations... they usually watched San Francisco's 6 pm news

Old 06-27-2008, 02:52 PM

2,926 posts, read 8,568,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
I had an uncle in Corbin, KY who couldn't get Lexington or Knoxville local stations, but could get national stations... they usually watched San Francisco's 6 pm news
Corbin's local cable provides Lexington, Hazard and Knoxville local news. If you have Dish Network in Corbin you only get Lexington local news.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky