U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 08:50 AM

1,459 posts, read 4,040,439 times

Advertisements

Someone really ticked this guy off. Dayum

Worker Kills 5, Then Himself, at Factory - AOL News (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2008, 08:57 AM

4,824 posts, read 12,476,629 times
Please, everyone take a deep breath, lets all cry for all the people involved. This is not a time for blame or frivolity. There will be time enough later. I grieve for the families who have lost loved ones, including the shooter's. I hurt for the company, the survivors, the people of Henderson, and even our nation as we must deal with another employee's inability to deal with issues again.

Please respect the monumental impact of this tragedy.

Old 06-25-2008, 09:14 AM

4,114 posts, read 8,896,576 times
This strikes a kind of "back home" chord with me. I'm originally from a neighboring county of Henderson. Who knows, maybe I or my parents knew some people who were in the factory at the time. I'll definitely be checking and re-checking the news to find out.

At any rate, my heart goes out to the injured victims and their families as well as the families of the murdered.

Old 06-25-2008, 01:47 PM

6,957 posts, read 12,372,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcm1986 View Post
This strikes a kind of "back home" chord with me. I'm originally from a neighboring county of Henderson. Who knows, maybe I or my parents knew some people who were in the factory at the time. I'll definitely be checking and re-checking the news to find out.

At any rate, my heart goes out to the injured victims and their families as well as the families of the murdered.
jcm I just moved from Union County. I had to stop and think where that plant was. It's out on 60 west by Gibbs. Read it on Channel 14 newsbrief emails I signed up for then watched it on CNN Headline News. It's rough hearing about something like that. I can't see any argument worth going postal over.

Old 06-25-2008, 01:50 PM

4,114 posts, read 8,896,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kygman View Post
jcm I just moved from Union County. I had to stop and think where that plant was. It's out on 60 west by Gibbs. Read it on Channel 14 newsbrief emails I signed up for then watched it on CNN Headline News. It's rough hearing about something like that. I can't see any argument worth going postal over.
Yep, it's on US 60 b/t US 41-A (Dixon Road) and KY 425 (South Henderson Bypass). A very industrial part of town, indeed.

People have gone postal over much less, unfortunately.

I'm originally from Webster Co. and visit Henderson 3-4 times annually. So I'm fairly familiar with the area.

Old 06-25-2008, 10:11 PM

Normal people don't react to a argument like that, I'm thinking this guy was carrying around more problems than we know about. Perhaps the argument was a breaking point for him. But never the less a tragedy.

Old 06-26-2008, 05:42 AM

6,749 posts, read 19,551,450 times
My heart and prayers go to the families of those touched by this horrible tragedy.

Old 06-26-2008, 06:28 AM

Go to Meta Redirect Code and read the timeline of events that night. When you click on that site it will sometimes take you to the Evansville Courier. Just look at the top and click on The Gleaner.

Old 06-26-2008, 09:59 AM

According to one of his co-workers in the time line of events he was already upset about something when he clocked in on the job. Maybe this guy was dealing with problems that he never talked to anyone about, and what happened at work just sent the man over the edge. We just never know what goes on inside another persons head.

I had a guy that worked for me back in 1996 driving one of my trucks in Florida that I had to fire because of his temper. He was really a nice guy and a hard worker, but he just couldn't control his temper. When he got mad about something he went into a rage, I had to fire him because of too many customer complaints. He would take his anger out on property and tear up things, which is good I guess rather than take his anger out on other people.

Old 06-26-2008, 09:29 PM

The Courier-Journal today has the tape of the 911 calls. Look at the tabs in the left hand corner and click on shooting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky