U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 10:24 PM

2,840 posts, read 1,988,374 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepnsal View Post
How is the humidity in Kentucky and West Virginia? Are they similar? I live in Denver and the humidity here is very low. I've lived in Indiana and the humidity there was high, but the oxygen level was much better than Denver. We're 5,280 feet above sea level. My family just visited Ky and it was beautiful! We're seriously thinking of moving there or to W. Virginia, depending on how the middle/high schools are and the humidity.

The humidity in Kentucky and West Virginia is more simular to the humidity in Indiana than it is to the humidity in the Deep South along the coast of the Gulf of Mexico from Houston to Tallahassee where the air is so thick with warm moisture that it steams like a sauna.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 01:26 AM

3,968 posts, read 4,572,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory Lee Spurlock View Post
The humidity in Kentucky and West Virginia is more simular to the humidity in Indiana than it is to the humidity in the Deep South along the coast of the Gulf of Mexico from Houston to Tallahassee where the air is so thick with warm moisture that it steams like a sauna.
That's actually the temperature doing that rather than the humidity itself. The humidity just amplifies the effect of hot and cold. The gulf coast has a bad habit of favoring near constant hot. haha

On a fair day, let's say anywhere between 50-70 degrees with a breeze, high humidity is nearly unnoticable unless you are working outdoors for a long time.

Sadly it makes cold worse too. 20F is two different worlds with low or high humidity.

Old Today, 06:24 AM

11,494 posts, read 4,726,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CookieSkoon View Post
That's actually the temperature doing that rather than the humidity itself. The humidity just amplifies the effect of hot and cold. The gulf coast has a bad habit of favoring near constant hot. haha

On a fair day, let's say anywhere between 50-70 degrees with a breeze, high humidity is nearly unnoticable unless you are working outdoors for a long time.

Sadly it makes cold worse too. 20F is two different worlds with low or high humidity.
When I was in KY, the early morning temps were in the mid 30s with high humidity. It was even foggy a couple of mornings. The high humidity and low temps actually felt good to me. My sinuses which are usually dry and stuffy cleared up and it felt as if I was actually breathing better. The moisture also felt good on my dry skin.
I currently live in a place with very low humidity, especially in winter. i have to use lotion on my hands every day or my skin especially on my hands will chap and crack from the dryness. I don't know how if at all it will change when I'm living in KY, but the humidity was a positive for me while I was visiting.
Most of the weather aps will give you humidity levels as well as temps. If you want to see differences in humidity, plug in a few towns in KY and a few towns in West Virginia and see what the difference is on any given day. I don't think it will be much different.

Last edited by marino760; Today at 07:13 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky