U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 01:18 AM

5 posts, read 8,961 times

Advertisements

It gets in the minuses in Northern Kentucky in the winter, and summer only lasts 3 months, so i think we get hosed on summer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2008, 09:26 AM

6,959 posts, read 12,375,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
I am with you, Missy. I hate what little winter we have and I know for the most part it is mild.
I just retired from the state highway department and, after 27 years of getting called out in the middle of the night many times to salt and plow the roads, I'm kind of looking forward to it! When it snows next winter (IF it snows) I can sit back, prop my feet up, and think of the song..."Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!" lol

Old 07-03-2008, 12:32 PM

305 posts, read 862,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kygman View Post
I just retired from the state highway department and, after 27 years of getting called out in the middle of the night many times to salt and plow the roads, I'm kind of looking forward to it! When it snows next winter (IF it snows) I can sit back, prop my feet up, and think of the song..."Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!" lol

Lol My dad also worked for the highway department in Minnesota where snow is plentiful. He doesnt miss it. I work in social services and my specialty is group homes. How is te pace of life in Kentucky? Cuz I could use a little quiet.

Old 06-19-2010, 08:53 PM

4 posts, read 15,412 times
Smile Low Crime/Nice people

I guess I'm asking for what everyone would want, a nice place to live where the crime is low. I heard Ohio is terrible crime wise, so I wouldn't want to be near it. Where in Kentucky could I find a nice place to live, good caring neighbors, a feeling of being in the country, but not more than about 45 minute drive to a larger city where I can find whatever I want? I love bluegrass music if that helps. Oh, and I need a Super Walmart for my son to transfer too. Thank you.

Old 06-20-2010, 04:25 AM

1,228 posts, read 3,210,621 times
I suppose it depends on your definition of a larger city. I love Kentucky, but I would recommend moving if you don't have a job and don't have income, that's a recipe for disaster. If you are only talking very large cities that leaves you with Northern Kentucky, Louisville, and Lexington.

About Ohio, it's all about where you are. Yes the crime rate is high in some parts, and a lot of cities especially in the northern half are complete dumps, but some parts are OK. I still prefer Kentucky, but before dedicating to a move I would take a road trip and find the place you can't live away from.

Old 06-20-2010, 09:30 AM

9,807 posts, read 12,899,825 times
Best part of Kentucky to live

Stay south of Richmond and east of I-75
( farther south, the better )

Old 06-20-2010, 10:13 AM

50 posts, read 94,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry5010 View Post
I guess I'm asking for what everyone would want, a nice place to live where the crime is low. I heard Ohio is terrible crime wise, so I wouldn't want to be near it. Where in Kentucky could I find a nice place to live, good caring neighbors, a feeling of being in the country, but not more than about 45 minute drive to a larger city where I can find whatever I want? I love bluegrass music if that helps. Oh, and I need a Super Walmart for my son to transfer too. Thank you.
By what you said Paducah, Mayfield or Murray are pretty good places, everyones nice here, Your very close to the country (i live in the country and live 15 minutes from Paducah) which has just about anything that other Kentucky cities do. Nashville is about an hour away if you need the "big city" feel and theres a few super walmarts here also.

Old 06-20-2010, 11:36 AM

20,168 posts, read 34,480,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post
Best part of Kentucky to live

Stay south of Richmond and east of I-75
( farther south, the better )
No, I don't think so

Old 06-20-2010, 05:56 PM

3,790 posts, read 7,562,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin8868 View Post
Nashville is about an hour away...
Yeah, if you are driving 140mph!!!

Old 06-20-2010, 08:49 PM

50 posts, read 94,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentuckydad95 View Post
Yeah, if you are driving 140mph!!!
What was i thinking lol about 2 and a half hours.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or