Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2008, 09:51 AM

252 posts, read 1,071,861 times

Advertisements

I need to pick some brains here, not sure where to put this thread. I think I was travelling in KY when I found this little town that still had the restaraunt, or food bar in the drugstore, as Walgreens did years ago. It was on a corner and it had entrances both on the front street and on the side. I didn't take a picture of it, and wish I would. I keep thinking about the place I guess because of the nostalgia of it all. I also remember it having alot of tourist stuff like nicnacs and the like. I have found a few here in TN, but I don't think it is in TN or it may have been. Like I said I travel so much I can't remember what I saw where. Anyone know where this may be?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2008, 10:06 AM

2,126 posts, read 6,803,734 times
Bardstown has an old time little drug store/food counter right off the courthouse square. I had an egg salad sandwich and a root beer float there a few years ago. Does that sound familiar?

Old 08-10-2008, 11:31 AM

Default You know something?

You may be onto something. I was looking into the Louisville area, and was up there twice within the last two years. The first time around I found Bardstown, and thought it was a cute little place, and went back shortly after. YOU MAY HAVE HIT IT ON THE NAIL. I need to go to the Bardstown website now..........lol.........Was it on a corner, with an entrance on both the front and the side?

hehehe, was the egg salad good? I didn't eat there, wish I had now......lol.

I am into historical housing and I could spend years just looking at all the wonderful buildings, homes there in Louisville......and I don't think even then I would have seen them all. What more can you ask for than that without being in the south, like in Charleston or Savannah

I will check out the website and see if I can find it. Thank you so much for answering so quickly!!

Old 08-10-2008, 11:49 AM

Default By George, I think you have found it.

Hurst Drug Old Time Soda Fountain, its even got Louisville memorobilia, and is on the corner. My memory only holds so much.......lol.

That was fast, and I thought it was a real longshot!

THANK YOU SO MUCH

Old 08-10-2008, 12:21 PM

2,126 posts, read 6,803,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topo View Post
Hurst Drug Old Time Soda Fountain, its even got Louisville memorobilia, and is on the corner. My memory only holds so much.......lol.

That was fast, and I thought it was a real longshot!

THANK YOU SO MUCH
If I remember correctly, the egg salad was good, but the real treat was the old time feel of the place and the friendly lady working the lunch counter. Glad I could help.

Old 08-10-2008, 06:23 PM

4,826 posts, read 14,312,676 times
There will be a few of these around the state. For example, Wagners Drug Store (which doesn't have the physical descriptions you mentioned, sits near Churchill Downs in Louisville, and until just recently was "the place" for horsemen to eat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky