U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-06-2008, 10:15 AM

9,577 posts, read 4,684,631 times
Default Looking for Fishing and Horses

Hi All,
I've looked thru previous post and can't seem to find anything about fishing, I'm an avid fisherman and Wifie loves her horses. We have been looking at Arkansas and Missouri, then a friend mentioned they were concidering Kentuky, he was born in Kentucky and is thinking of retiring back there.
So my question is what area's should I look in for 10 or more acres that is within an hour of a good Bass Lake...
We are form Cali but don't have a boat load of money like some do.....
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2008, 05:35 AM

5,290 posts, read 7,240,507 times
I live in Cadiz, about 10 miles from 2 of the largest man made lakes in the world, Kentucky Lake and Lake Barkley. There's plenty of bass in these lakes. I just checked auction ads for here. Michael T. Bryan Auction Sales - Cadiz, KY This farm (Sept. 27 auction) is right on US68/KY80, the main highway through this area. If you look at the pics of the land and see the house and 2.05 acres pic, that road in front is 68/80 and the road to the left at the "T" puts you about a mile and a half or so from downtown Cadiz.

Last edited by kygman; 09-08-2008 at 05:37 AM.. Reason: I forgot something! lol

Old 09-08-2008, 07:02 AM

5,641 posts, read 12,677,931 times
Do you need to be close to a major city?

Old 09-09-2008, 10:29 AM

Think he left us, census? lol

Old 09-09-2008, 06:21 PM

9,577 posts, read 4,684,631 times
Nope I haven't left you... and Nope don't need to be near a Major City, quite the opposite actually, we are trying to get away from the rat race.. I have a few years more to work before retirement, so I am just starting to look around..We have never even visited Kentucky, just had some friends say how pretty it is, and how good the people are.
Lake Barkley and Kentucky Lake sound like something I would be interested in. As we are talking retirement property we would need a town near by. with Hospital, dept store, feed store and groceries....
Thanks for the responses, I'll get me a Ky. map and start looking....

Old 09-09-2008, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali BassMan View Post
As we are talking retirement property we would need a town near by. with Hospital, dept store, feed store and groceries....
Thanks for the responses, I'll get me a Ky. map and start looking....
That place I mentioned is maybe 1 1/2 to 2 miles from downtown Cadiz. We have a hospital, several feed stores, and 3 grocery stores. The closest to a department store in town is the Dollar Store or Fred's. Walmart is 20 miles away in Hopkinsville. You will now get a lot of comments about the hospital probably but as in any small town the hospital is kind of a band aid station to get you to a bigger hospital if needed. Murray is 35 miles away and like I said, Hopkinsville is about 20 miles.

I know I'm plugging Cadiz and Trigg County a lot but it sounded like what you wanted. There are 120 counties across the state that might have something you're looking for too. But I thought this auction might be good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky