U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-13-2008, 11:38 AM

396 posts, read 1,298,341 times
Default Information about Henderson?

I would really like some information on this city. I have visited several times, and thought it seemed like a nice place to live. I just don't know what areas to start looking in.......I need a safe, quiet area with a $100,000 budget for housing. I am alone so a little house would be ok with me. I know looking at the real estate sights that the housing is fairly reasonable there, but I don't know if the areas I am looking at are safe or even quiet. Anyone have a start for me as to where to look for a nice safe area for housing? Does anyone have zipcodes for the good areas? I can start a search on?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2008, 12:41 PM

4,758 posts, read 7,832,117 times
FACT: Jim Collier of Century 21 Collier & Company is as solid of a gentleman and business owner as any person I have ever known. I have known Jim, his wife, and Jim's late mother and father since 1979. Call him when you are ready to get serious about locating in Henderson. He is technically a competitor, but he deserves accolades for his business manner.

I lived in Henderson (Jim was our broker) from 1979 to 1991. I loved the place, but since I haven't lived there in 17 years, I have lost track of the best and worst.

Old 09-13-2008, 08:07 PM

5,243 posts, read 7,131,311 times
The zip code for Henderson is 42420. If you're looking through realtor.com get the MLS number and go to any realtor's site and put that number in to check out the property. I know a couple realtors in Henderson but tom is right about Jim. Good luck! You'll love the area. I just moved from Union County, the next county west of Henderson after almost 30 years.

Old 09-14-2008, 06:15 AM

396 posts, read 1,298,341 times
Default thanks

I was just wanting to look at housing in a safe part of henderson. I realized that the one you guys gave me covers all of henderson...........so how do I know which areas are safe, and which areas are rough.

I don't live there, and I don't have mls numbers to plug into the site. So, I am trying to find something that I think I can afford before the move.

What is it you both liked about it, and why did you move out? What is the social scene like, I am in my 50's but would still love to meet folks at coffeeshops/bookstores.

Are there alot of transplants there? do you know?

Old 09-14-2008, 12:18 PM

4,758 posts, read 7,832,117 times
99.9 % of Henderson is safer than 99.9% of Chicago, Memphis, etc. There are no "unsafe" areas of Henderson that I remember. I continue to read the "The Gleaner", Henderson's daily paper each day, and I still have family and friends in Henderson, so you can rest assured, unless you are planning to lawless yourself, you'll be ok anywhere in the city. My only concern is that you buy a home in an area where the market is steady or improving. That is why I recommend Jim.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky