Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2007, 09:10 AM

190 posts, read 809,814 times

Advertisements

Talk about a small town! I really like the area, although it's true, one stoplight. The little town is charming, and is located not to far from the Lincoln County Fairgrounds. It's close to Danville, Somerset, and Lancaster. In the summer, they set up a flea market at the drive-in theater during the days, and show movies at nights (yep, been there, done that!) That little flea market is actually a common stop for us during our antiquing trips! Most of the houses in the area tend to be the early 1900's style HUGE homes, but at real affordable prices. Wal-Mart and Krogers is right up the road, as well as a few restaraunts and shops. If you want small town living-this is it! The little town makes Mayberry look huge!

No kidding, it's a real nice place, especially since the new bypass connects now. No longer do you have to drive 100 miles to an interstate! ~joanna~
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2007, 01:10 AM

180 posts, read 745,760 times
What GREAT insight! Thank you all for sharing your thoughts! We actually are leaveing at 4 a.m. day after-tomorrow to visit, and have done extensive research to figure out which areas we want to visit. You all have been a great help! DoubleBRanch .... will PM you shortly.

Thanks again everyone ...ALL information is helpful!

PacaLady

Old 12-25-2007, 08:18 PM

3 posts, read 8,191 times
I know this thread is a bit old but i just had to register and post when i came across this thead im so happy i stumbled upon it! my husband and i are looking at a listing in the very town of hustonville and when i read the comments along the lines of "one stop light town, more people in my one block then the whole town of hustonville i was like omg omg thats it thats our place and then when i ever read that they still had a drive in i was practicly hyper ventalating over here it SOUNDS like a dream come true county life no less then 15 acres living off the land only a couple hundred people there im about to pack my bags now LOL does anyone know of anything thing that might be concidered bad about the place?

Old 12-26-2007, 12:41 PM

3 posts, read 8,191 times
Default so dont you know

a coulple minutes after posting this and asking what would stop me from moving there i found out that there are 5 regestered sex offenders it tottally poped my bubble so part of my logic is....thats a good percentage concidering the amount of people but then the other part of me is saying with there only being that many people in the town i will be able to recognize these people instead of like a big city where you have no idea how many there are and cant remember all the faces so i dont know........

Old 02-25-2008, 03:09 PM

2 posts, read 6,200 times
I was born and raised in Hustonville and have no worries about living there. It is a small community, away from everything, but at the same time close enough to larger towns. If I can be of any help, please email me at deonica_a@hotmail.com

Old 06-03-2008, 08:13 AM

1 posts, read 1,733 times
I have been in the Hustonville area most of my life. I attended Elementary School here from Kindergarten through the 8th grade and now I am a teacher here. I think it is a wonderful place to live. The community is small and peaceful, yet close to larger cities like Louisville and Lexington. We are only 3 hours from Cincinnati and Knoxville. Being centrally located is great for culture and being involved with things you enjoy. Danville is only 10 minutes away and offers a variety of wonderful things. I even know of a "wonderful home for sale"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky