Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2008, 02:45 PM

15 posts, read 47,236 times

Advertisements

Is anyone familiar with rural property in Northern KY? Would like to find acreage only with lake, creek or riverview. Probably 20 acres or more unless it's spectacular property. No home on it or teardown.
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2008, 06:25 PM

bump

Old 09-30-2008, 11:05 PM

7,070 posts, read 16,740,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ga Kid View Post
bump
1.5 hours takes you to louisville and lexington suburbs and outlying country. are you interested in these areas too?

Old 10-01-2008, 12:40 PM

241 posts, read 1,335,504 times
I live in Pendleton county, which is in a rural region outside of the Cincinnati metro area. CVG is an hour or less from most of the county. The Licking River runs the through the length of the county, and its South Fork tributary through about half the county. We have a state park with a fair sized lake (Kincaid Lake), and many properties here have private ponds, lakes, or creeks. It's very hilly, so there are little valleys everywhere.

I don't know what price range you want, but you can check out land with and without a house at the Northern Kentucky Association of Realtors website (Northern Kentucky Association of REALTORS&reg - Members).

About half way down the page you'll see a field for "Listing Numbers." Enter the following listings there and you'll see a few examples of available properties.

Other counties you may want to check are Bracken, Grant, Owen, and Gallatin. You also might find a property that has what you want in Boone, Kenton, or Campbell counties, but they're generally more developed so you're going to pay a whole lot more for it.

Good luck.

Old 10-01-2008, 06:14 PM

North of Louisville we would consider and not sure about Lexington. Thank you for the information about the listings. I will check into them. I found 122 acres in Carollton KY and sent an email via landandfarm.com, but no reply. Maybe it's not available anymore. I don't want to give a maximum price range because I need to see what's available first and for how much.

Old 10-01-2008, 09:55 PM

4,108 posts, read 10,800,719 times
The southern 1/4 of Boone, Kenton, and Campbell Counties (CVG lies within Boone and Kenton) are not even close to being encroached by development for, I'd estimate, another 40-50 years. The areas south of Union, Independence, and Alexandria are very rural. Of course, due to the proximity to CVG and Cincinnati, land will be more expensive.

You could consider the immediately outlying counties of Gallatin, Owen, Pendleton, or Bracken, or even Franklin, Harrison, Henry, or Trimble. Owen and Bracken would be my top picks. Gorgeous land, great views of the Ohio (in Bracken) or Kentucky (in Owen) River, and much lower land prices. These are so close to CVG yet so far from suburbia--only 35-45 minutes or so.

Steer clear of: (1) Carroll County. It's a dump, point blank. It's apparent that the residents that live there don't care about their community, so it maintains a depressing, nasty rust belt, "stuck in the '60s" feel. I hate going there. (2) Grant County. (People in N. KY might know two words: Judge Bates! Oh, three more: Grant County Jail! I can explain later.) Efforts by its electorate and Commonwealth's Attorney are slowly being made to clean up local politics. There was (allegedly) a nasty jail rape in 2007 that occurred while guards looked on...no joke; it was all over the news in Cincinnati.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky