Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What would be the best course of action considering my sister's best interest?
Seek visitation 0 0%
Seek custody 2 100.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2008, 09:37 PM

1 posts, read 7,410 times

Advertisements

I am a 28 year old seeking visitation rights to see my 13 year old half-sister. Our father is deceased and my sister's mother does not want us to have contact. My sister's mom blames me for my father's death so we have not spoken in years. I met my sister at my father's funeral when she was 5, then again today when I spoke to her mother to ask permission to see her. Her home environment is terrible and she is not doing well. She is sexually active and thought recently that she may be pregnant
(she is not though ). She wants to meet me, but her mother became hysterical when I arrived to ask permission. My sister was home when I arrived at the house and witnessed her mother's rage at my presence. I tried to offer my help, she called me horrible names, threatened to attack me if I did not leave, and threatened to call the police. I feel terribly guilty that my sister is in this environment and that I have not tried to get involved sooner. I just don't know what to do. When her mother was screaming at me, I thanked her for her time and repected her request for me to go. I told her that if she needs me or if my sister needs me that she can call anytime. I am a Director of Nursing now, I am married, my husband is a successful business owner, and we have a stable, NORMAL, home life. I think we would have a positive influence on her and be an additional resource. I am considering the possibility of speaking with an attorney. Am I wasting my time? Do I have a chance to gain some form of visitation? What should I do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2008, 07:40 PM

45 posts, read 213,907 times
You might be able to try to custody i'm not sure though. If you are able to prove that your sister is in a unsafe home than you should have a shot. but make your that is what your sister wants.

Old 10-12-2008, 09:16 AM

965 posts, read 4,498,840 times
You know, I wonder if the folks on the "Parenting Board" could give you some ideas. To me, it seems that what you're wanting to do is a form of parenting, so I don't think your question would be considered off topic for that board.

The "Relationships Board" seems to be more about romance or lack thereof involving males, females, etc. I don't think they would be as good at tackling this as the folks on the Parenting Board.

I don't have any advice to give. Sorry. I've never been through custody issues. Good luck to you.

Old 06-25-2010, 01:53 PM

1 posts, read 6,270 times
Hi my name is jamie. My mother died in car accident by a drunk driver. 5 years ago. Before she died. She took care of her two yonger daughters by age 15 and 12. My mother was married to my 12 year old sister for 13 years. But she filed for divorce in april 2005 for cheating on her. This new woman he is with has been a problem from start. When my mother passed. He took over custody and he will let me see her from time to time. But his new woman doesnt like us. She has hit my sister and say mean things to her. She really wants to see us, but her dad wont let her. She has to sneak on myspace once while to talk to me. Do have any rights to see my sister.

Old 06-26-2010, 08:30 AM

180 posts, read 352,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMIE_26 View Post
My mother was married to my 12 year old sister for 13 years. But she filed for divorce in april 2005 for cheating on her.
Maybe your mother shouldn't have married your sister. Strange!

Old 02-20-2013, 05:45 PM

1 posts, read 4,347 times
im too wanting to see my half sister. im 14yrs old but i was wondering if i could c her or get custody rights to c her at least once a week for like 2_3 hours. i havent talked to or even seen my sister in 5 or six years. last time i saw her she was 2 or 3 yrs old. i was at costless and i only saw her 2 min. the mother seems to be neutral to me. i have known the mom for a while. she accepted my friend request on facebook and we were talk but as soon as i mentioned seeing my sister she stopped talking to me. she does not like the father of my sister (which is my dad) and she does not even want ryelee to no him she said that my sister (ryelee) does ask about me a lot. so as a 14yr old girl am i allowed to my sister?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky