U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 02-18-2007, 11:38 AM

252 posts, read 666,233 times
Default Kentucky Lake, or Lake Barkley

Do people live on these lakes? and if so how expensive is the real estate, could I get something for $100,000 or less? Or even something that is near enough I could walk to the lakes? Also is there biking/walking trails around the lakes?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2007, 07:37 AM

14 posts, read 39,258 times
Ky Lake is pretty big. Yes, people live on the lake. There are A LOT of communities that are mostly retired folks living in mobil homes on the lake. As for Barkley, not nearly as big. I'd go for Ky Lake myself. The properties are probably within the budget you stated. I'm sure you could find any range of cost... it just depends on what kind of place you expect $100,000 to get you. (As with any community.)

Old 02-19-2007, 02:01 PM

76 posts, read 242,081 times
Yes, there are people that live on Kentucky Lake and Barkley Lake.
There are houses, cabins, modulars and trailers. A little bit of everything.
Cost varies depending on what you are looking for such as size and closeness to the lake.
In Cadiz, KY (Trigg County) there is a Barkley Lake State Resort Park and also
The Land Between the Lakes has several kinds of trails walking, bicycling, ATV, etc.
If you would like other information just let me know.
KYHummingbird

Old 08-11-2009, 10:01 AM

1 posts, read 3,303 times
Yes we have everything you would want in lake life here at Lake Barkley and Kentucky Lake. There are ares that are rthe higher end restrictions and areas with either less restrictions or little to none on both lakes. I am a REALTOR serving both locations. Feel free to contact me at tammywarner@mchsi.com

Old 08-12-2009, 05:59 AM

23,492 posts, read 10,314,453 times
Yep, you can live right on the lake, I have friends with a cabin up there right now.

I'm not sure what houses and land are going for now, but for lake front property, I don't believe its terribly bad.

Old 08-12-2009, 01:16 PM

5,235 posts, read 7,114,117 times
Not taking away from your work, Tammy, but, Topo, go to Real Estate Listings, Homes for Sale and Rental Property Listings – REALTOR.com® and check Cadiz, Aurora, Benton, Murray, Hardin. They will all have places on or near the lakes. My step daughter and family just bought a 4 BR 2 bath with 16 acres for around $140K. They're about 5 miles from Linton, on Lake Barkley.

Old 08-03-2011, 04:22 PM

5,740 posts, read 5,075,270 times
Bringing this older thread back to the top. We're looking at Barkley and Kentucky Lake for retirement. However, I think that all the nearby areas are small towns (population of 20,000 or less). We're used to having a large variety of restaurants (including ethnic), bars, shops, etc. nearby - within a ten minute driving distance.

Alternatively, we might consider a large, 55+ community (like a Del Webb kind of place - not manufactured homes or RV park).

Does anyplace like this exist near these two great fishing lakes?

thanks.

Old 08-06-2011, 08:17 PM

902 posts, read 1,177,717 times
This might be one option in Clarksville TN.
Savannah Crossings « Tucker Corporation
A 55+ community.

275,000 people in the Clarksville metro area, with about half that in the city itself. 20-30 miles to the south end of Lake Barkley. 45 miles to Nashville.

Last edited by NW Crow; 08-06-2011 at 08:28 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky