U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: Do you own a gun?
Yes, one 5 12.82%
yes, more than one 25 64.10%
No but I do own other weapons 2 5.13%
No 7 17.95%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2008, 05:49 AM

6,758 posts, read 14,560,114 times
You know you live in kentucky when the first day of deer season makes the news

On another note, there have been a home intrusion on my street and someone has been in my garage. Any sugestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2008, 07:58 AM

1,582 posts, read 2,991,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missymomof3 View Post
On another note, there have been a home intrusion on my street and someone has been in my garage. Any sugestions?

Get a dog first. If you want to explore firearms, take a course with an NRA instructor and get advice on what to buy. I prefer a 9MM semi-auto, but my wife prefers revolvers and has a Smith and Wesson in .38 Spl.

Old 11-08-2008, 01:37 PM

403 posts, read 1,265,224 times
missymomof3, for your home security needs, a double-action revolver will fire every time you pull the trigger, no safety to thumb off, no need to pull back a hammer to fire. Snub barrel for the biggest noise and muzzle flash you can make, perhaps in .38 caliber. Feed it any of the popular home defense hollowpoints. By all means take advantage of any firearms safety training that is available locally. For your husband's hunting, I agree with the recommendation of a 12-gauge pump shotgun, preferably a Remington 870 variant, perhaps the Express model. Relatively inexpensive, utterly failproof, incredibily versatile, an infinite variety of extra barrels/chokes/ammo available, including reduced recoil and shot charge loads. A 20-gauge is almost as versatile, with less recoil.

Last edited by nalabama; 11-08-2008 at 01:41 PM.. Reason: Some words just aren't allowed, no matter how innocuous. Oh, and some people just can't spell.

Old 11-08-2008, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Get a dog first. If you want to explore firearms, take a course with an NRA instructor and get advice on what to buy. I prefer a 9MM semi-auto, but my wife prefers revolvers and has a Smith and Wesson in .38 Spl.
I havde three dogs and the fools still went into my garage but the dogs were in the house at the time.

Old 11-08-2008, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nalabama View Post
missymomof3, for your home security needs, a double-action revolver will fire every time you pull the trigger, no safety to thumb off, no need to pull back a hammer to fire. Snub barrel for the biggest noise and muzzle flash you can make, perhaps in .38 caliber. Feed it any of the popular home defense hollowpoints. By all means take advantage of any firearms safety training that is available locally. For your husband's hunting, I agree with the recommendation of a 12-gauge pump shotgun, preferably a Remington 870 variant, perhaps the Express model. Relatively inexpensive, utterly failproof, incredibily versatile, an infinite variety of extra barrels/chokes/ammo available, including reduced recoil and shot charge loads. A 20-gauge is almost as versatile, with less recoil.
Thank you!!

Old 11-14-2008, 10:31 AM

7 posts, read 13,629 times
Itz tha lauha anie it
IF you are a MAN and between 16 and 45 you are required by militia laws to have a gun and know how to use it accurately.
Those laws have never been undone so if you have a wife that "won't let you" have a gun, it is out of ignorance and fear of a lot of stuff. Keep all guns on "double safe".
and up out of reach of children but you can teach them to understand how dangerous they are just like a road is dangerous and can get them killed, do you spank to keep them out of the road or let them learn the hard way that it hurts when you get run over.
The stove/oven is dangerous too does your wife not allow a stove in the house?

Old 11-14-2008, 11:08 AM

you can hunt and kill deer with a shot gun using slug bullets instead of shot. In ohio I think it is the only gun allowed for deer? No rifles, smooth bore only for some reason. 20guage might work for that?

Old 11-14-2008, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adysmom View Post
I am glad you have your CCW, Never leave home without it
The Kentucky constitution was changed illegally to put the loophole in to license CCW, the Patton admistration said by way of a reply to certified letter on the issue "we are aware of the problem"
the brief that was sent to them was online for awhile but the CCW license issue is a scam that was done so some "lawmakers" could carry concealed in the state capitol from what I heard directly from a KYLRC guy.
One could fight a charge of carry concealed and win in court it would take a herculean stubbornness but on its face (prima facia means it has not been challenged)
the CCW "law" is no law at all and "void ab inito"
by self evident implication we have the right to life and to protect our life by "every awful implement of war". That is a individual right not a priveledge granted by government.

(by the way we only have a original 1792 and 1799 constitution for kentucky; the others are missing except for a typed copy of the 1850 it is on the states web page I think)

Old 11-20-2008, 05:49 PM

28 posts, read 50,884 times
I own quite a few guns. I shot my first gun when I was four and they have been a part of my life ever since.

Old 11-21-2008, 10:37 AM

632 posts, read 1,256,468 times
We lived out in the country (parents still live there) and yeah they have a couple of guns. I don't have one myself now because I don't really see the need for it but I'm glad that my parents do considering the rural area of KY they live in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky