Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2008, 03:43 PM

6,749 posts, read 22,082,223 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stx12499 View Post
Just curious what was wrong with Missy's post? As an FYI, she was replying to a forumer, martylonleela, who has come on to our forum very abrubtly, and rudely. She has made rude attacks, and called people here "clueless southerners" and many names. So that is why she got the reaction she did from Missy. Frankly, that forumer has made a fool of herself calling us names and using blatantly incorrect grammar. I could have erased her posts but sometimes these types of unfriendly forumers must be exposed. Also, to be blunt, if you walk into anywhere in KY saying "we had this back home," many of the natives will not take to kindly about it. This is coming from a guy who has traveled the world and lived extensively in several US cities, including the west coast. I have been in Louisville for awhile due to the friendly people and high quality of life. If the job market was booming more, I have no doubt it would be growing much faster.

I would be careful judging a metro area of 1.3 million people by a few internet posts anyways....
Thank you STX hun for coming to my side It is greatly appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2008, 04:56 PM

52 posts, read 133,070 times
Default forumers

Quote:
Originally Posted by missymomof3 View Post
Thank you STX hun for coming to my side It is greatly appreciated!
I too applaud you STX. Martylonleela displayed more ingnorance than the people she was degrading. Visvaldis must live in a part of Louisville that I haven't seen in my 34 years in Kentucky. As for his remark about the French: Louisvilles first "sister city" was Montpellier, France. With 23 years in the army before retirement, I too have been around the world. I have found no place I'd rather be than Kentucky.
Although I live between Radcliff and Elizabethtown, I have worked in Louisville and visit there often. I have a daughter and son-in-law (married 07/26/2008) who would live no where else in the world. Her twin sister also resided in Louisville before a traffic accident near Munfordville took her life.

In a related note:
My daughter-in-law spent her 47 years travelling between San Francisco and Lucca, Italy area. Until this recent wedding, she had thought Kentucky a backward and bug filled state full of toothless rednecks. After six days here, they are planning to buy some acreage between Louisville and Bowling Green. She was impressed that the Louisville area offered so many shopping and cultural oppotunties in such a small area. She also called the political and religeous climates "diverse". The friendliness of the people amazed her.
With a winery on Market street, at least three Montesorri schools, hundreds of brand name stores, and every cuisine imaginable, she felt Louisville and in particular Kentucky was a better place for her family than SF, Ca.
In 2005 I spent a month between the San Francisco and LA areas. I couldn't wait to get back to my little Kentucky house, the friendly people, and some changeable weather.
Some people can only see the bad in any place they are. I can find the good where ever I go. There is just more good here than anywhere I've been.

Old 07-31-2008, 11:11 PM

730 posts, read 1,918,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stx12499 View Post
Just curious what was wrong with Missy's post?
Hi,

I just replied to it as it was the last one I read.

My reply was not directed at her, rather at the complaints.

I hope she sees this, as I did not mean to single her out negatively, just use her points as a spring board to my own.

Old 08-01-2008, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonard View Post
Hi,

I just replied to it as it was the last one I read.

My reply was not directed at her, rather at the complaints.

I hope she sees this, as I did not mean to single her out negatively, just use her points as a spring board to my own.
I see it, thank you for your response. Too many times do we get people who move here and then complain about it and praise where they just left. Do your research BEFORE you move instead of being hateful and ugly to us when you get here (this is for everyone in general). We are not willing to change for you and if that is what you expect, go elsewhere.

Old 08-01-2008, 10:19 AM

20 posts, read 64,842 times
Quote:
I see it, thank you for your response. Too many times do we get people who move here and then complain about it and praise where they just left. Do your research BEFORE you move instead of being hateful and ugly to us when you get here (this is for everyone in general). We are not willing to change for you and if that is what you expect, go elsewhere.
I thought this was a thread!!! a place where i could express my opinions about this state (i thought that's what i was responding to) to answer some other californians question about the AWESOME (sarcasm) state of LOOOEEVILLE Kentucky. That's how i feel and some of you on this thread proved alot of what i am saying i will praise where i come from my family is initially from here but out of 17 children (one of them being my grandmother who was born and raised here) she and 2 more of her siblings made the best decision ever and that was to move out of Kentucky when they became adults and go live in Sunny Southern California and from that i became a native of california i am 37 yrs old and have experience alot of things in MY life and this by far is the thing i most regret .My grandmother left kentucky before i was even thought of being born (my mom was born in Kentucky) my grnadmother has never been back here to visit ever!!! she says she will never come back to this state and i often wondered why she says that is no place for us and i see what she means . people here seem to intimidated by anyone who is not from her very stand offish and competitive if i must say, be you we (transplants) are not thinking about you really missy just showed it ,you have so much to say about LA but as soon as someone makes a comment about loserville everyone country ,naive person here will get mad but i don't because i come from where people really want to be unless they feel thay can't keep up (smile) you can discuss our air quality , crime , high cost of living etc.... but we can't say (we have that at home ) without you getting mad no one in los angeles will get mad trust me if someone from Kentucky says we have that at home really!!! trust me on that you're obsessed with the fact that someone from LA may think they know more than you that you're always on the defense and that is ridiculous!! and it's not that we know more it is usually that we are more cultured alot of the time we've experience more diversit and we are more ahead of the times than you will ever be and that is the way it is> my aunts and grandmother always says back home (referring to KY) when they are in LA and no one is mad after all they are referring to KY.My motherand sister who is 3yrs my jr. moved here 9yrs ago and they loved it I moved here 2 yrs ago to help take care of my mother who was ill and that is the only reason i did !!!!! I have visited here fo family reunions,and a cpl of derbys and the rest of our family in LA never wants to come here including me there is nothing here compared to what we have at home (oop there are those words again) and derby is pretty b-list when i can go to thousands of malls at home (oops) and see plenty of a-listers there if i am into that and not want to take a picture with them of go to the cheesecake factory (one of hundreds of them)(in which has been around for yeard not withing the last 3 i had my 9th grade graduation dinner there you do the math i am 37yo) and see an a-lister or grand lux (sorry you guys may not know about that) that is the sister restaurant of the cheesecake factory ya'll(haha) might want to get a petition for one to come here in the next 5yrs excellent food .overal i am dissapointed in Kentucky it can have so much potential and so many opportunities for the community but you all sit at a stand still and i really wish you could experience it i want my family to have the same opportunities and other people to know that is so much more to be offered than this and you are ok with it because you know nothing else but i bet your state officials have seen it but will not offer it to you all and it is so sad there are so many nore opportunies than humana ,derby,u of l ,uk ther else so many more advantages , diversity and things to know besides this and as far as the grammar if you did not learn as a child teach your children the correct way to says hair,here,there,car,nine,five,ok it's not cute or correct i have a 14 yo that wants to fit in and i sometimes here her trying to talk that way and i explain to her that is not proper english and not to speak that way and she does not do it anymore my family gets mad but i don't care but anyway caio

Old 08-01-2008, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by martylonleela View Post
I thought this was a thread!!! a place where i could express my opinions about this state (i thought that's what i was responding to) to answer some other californians question about the AWESOME (sarcasm) state of LOOOEEVILLE Kentucky. There is one thing to say you don't like it here, it is another to call people here clueless and naive
people here seem to intimidated by anyone who is not from her very stand offish and competitive if i must say, be you we (transplants) are not thinking about you really missy just showed it ,you have so much to say about LA I never said a dang thing about LA but as soon as someone makes a comment about loserville everyone country ,naive person here will get mad Once again, that kind of thing doesn't go over well here
trust me on that you're obsessed with the fact that someone from LA may think they know more than you that you're always on the defense and that is ridiculous!! THINK is the operative word hereI grammar if you did not learn as a child teach your children the correct way to says hair,here,there,car,nine,five,ok it's not cute or correct i have a 14 yo that wants to fit in and i sometimes here her trying to talk that way and i explain to her that is not proper english and not to speak that way and she does not do it anymore my family gets mad but i don't care but anyway caio [color="purple"]again, you have the gaul to correct OUR grammer. Go back and read you posts please. COLOR]
I have said it before and I will say it again... Bless your little heart [/

Old 08-01-2008, 11:26 AM

52 posts, read 133,070 times
Quote:
You are a little too kind sometimes, missy. At least kinder than those who criticize you. A true Kentucky "lady".

Old 08-01-2008, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Lawson View Post
You are a little too kind sometimes, missy. At least kinder than those who criticize you. A true Kentucky "lady".
Thank you hun, I really do appreciate it.

Old 08-01-2008, 01:22 PM

20 posts, read 64,842 times
Quote:
See you still don't get it you meant spelling, not check my grammar you don't even know the difference WOW!!!! just what i said in the beginning clueless and that is because i was trying to get this thread in so fast. sorry honey my dialect is so vicious when i speak loservillians get so mad !!!! and my intellect is fierce but you enjoy yourself here you don't know any better .

Old 08-01-2008, 01:45 PM

22 posts, read 80,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by martylonleela View Post
I thought this was a thread!!! a place where i could express my opinions about this state (i thought that's what i was responding to) to answer some other californians question about the AWESOME (sarcasm) state of LOOOEEVILLE Kentucky. That's how i feel and some of you on this thread proved alot of what i am saying i will praise where i come from my family is initially from here but out of 17 children (one of them being my grandmother who was born and raised here) she and 2 more of her siblings made the best decision ever and that was to move out of Kentucky when they became adults and go live in Sunny Southern California and from that i became a native of california i am 37 yrs old and have experience alot of things in MY life and this by far is the thing i most regret .My grandmother left kentucky before i was even thought of being born (my mom was born in Kentucky) my grnadmother has never been back here to visit ever!!! she says she will never come back to this state and i often wondered why she says that is no place for us and i see what she means . people here seem to intimidated by anyone who is not from her very stand offish and competitive if i must say, be you we (transplants) are not thinking about you really missy just showed it ,you have so much to say about LA but as soon as someone makes a comment about loserville everyone country ,naive person here will get mad but i don't because i come from where people really want to be unless they feel thay can't keep up (smile) you can discuss our air quality , crime , high cost of living etc.... but we can't say (we have that at home ) without you getting mad no one in los angeles will get mad trust me if someone from Kentucky says we have that at home really!!! trust me on that you're obsessed with the fact that someone from LA may think they know more than you that you're always on the defense and that is ridiculous!! and it's not that we know more it is usually that we are more cultured alot of the time we've experience more diversit and we are more ahead of the times than you will ever be and that is the way it is> my aunts and grandmother always says back home (referring to KY) when they are in LA and no one is mad after all they are referring to KY.My motherand sister who is 3yrs my jr. moved here 9yrs ago and they loved it I moved here 2 yrs ago to help take care of my mother who was ill and that is the only reason i did !!!!! I have visited here fo family reunions,and a cpl of derbys and the rest of our family in LA never wants to come here including me there is nothing here compared to what we have at home (oop there are those words again) and derby is pretty b-list when i can go to thousands of malls at home (oops) and see plenty of a-listers there if i am into that and not want to take a picture with them of go to the cheesecake factory (one of hundreds of them)(in which has been around for yeard not withing the last 3 i had my 9th grade graduation dinner there you do the math i am 37yo) and see an a-lister or grand lux (sorry you guys may not know about that) that is the sister restaurant of the cheesecake factory ya'll(haha) might want to get a petition for one to come here in the next 5yrs excellent food .overal i am dissapointed in Kentucky it can have so much potential and so many opportunities for the community but you all sit at a stand still and i really wish you could experience it i want my family to have the same opportunities and other people to know that is so much more to be offered than this and you are ok with it because you know nothing else but i bet your state officials have seen it but will not offer it to you all and it is so sad there are so many nore opportunies than humana ,derby,u of l ,uk ther else so many more advantages , diversity and things to know besides this and as far as the grammar if you did not learn as a child teach your children the correct way to says hair,here,there,car,nine,five,ok it's not cute or correct i have a 14 yo that wants to fit in and i sometimes here her trying to talk that way and i explain to her that is not proper english and not to speak that way and she does not do it anymore my family gets mad but i don't care but anyway caio
Wow, this is the hardest paragraph I have read in my life. Some periods and no run-on sentences would have helped.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky