U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 11-05-2008, 01:48 PM
 
Location: Somewhere in Kentucky
3,790 posts, read 7,437,792 times
Reputation: 2413

Advertisements

For the past couple of years, you hear people around here complain that the country is at war, the housing market is bad, the economy is bad, gas prices are high (they were), food is expensive. And what does KY do for change?

McCain (a Bush clone)
McConnell
Whitfield

You can't get change when you keep voting in the same people. It took other states to vote in change. No room to complain. You had your chance!!!

 
Old 11-05-2008, 03:14 PM
 
8,758 posts, read 8,508,632 times
Reputation: 1409
You did notice that Obama won the election, right? You are the one that will have no room to complain. The house, senate and presidency...all democratically controlled. They have no one to hide behind or to blame now. Enjoy.
 
Old 11-05-2008, 03:16 PM
 
Location: very near Georgetown, KY
197 posts, read 658,648 times
Reputation: 122
Honestly I did not vote (and haven't in over a decade). I got tired of BS after another. Having said that, Kentuckians strike me as kind of dumb. They want change, but only if they get the rewards. I'm not surprised at all at who they voted for.
 
Old 11-05-2008, 03:18 PM
 
Location: Somewhere in Kentucky
3,790 posts, read 7,437,792 times
Reputation: 2413
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
You did notice that Obama won the election, right? You are the one that will have no room to complain. The house, senate and presidency...all democratically controlled. They have no one to hide behind or to blame now. Enjoy.

As usual, the point is not taken. The point is, Kentuckians did not vote for change. Oh, and don't expect Mitch McConnell to do anything for KY anytime soon. Repubs are done for a while.
 
Old 11-05-2008, 03:24 PM
 
8,758 posts, read 8,508,632 times
Reputation: 1409
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentuckydad95 View Post
As usual, the point is not taken. The point is, Kentuckians did not vote for change. Oh, and don't expect Mitch McConnell to do anything for KY anytime soon. Repubs are done for a while.

You are the sorest winner I have even encountered in my life. You just want something to ***** about obviously...what a whiny tail. Mitch McConnell has done many wonderful things for my area of Kentucky BTW.
 
Old 11-05-2008, 03:27 PM
 
Location: Somewhere in Kentucky
3,790 posts, read 7,437,792 times
Reputation: 2413
I guess you aren't going to answer the question. Once more:

Why have KY'ians been complaining about housing, gas, food, the rest of the economy and then go out and vote for the same people? There has to be some sort of rhyme or reason to this.
 
Old 11-05-2008, 03:31 PM
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
67,531 posts, read 77,285,391 times
Reputation: 36736
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTransientTranny View Post
Honestly I did not vote (and haven't in over a decade). I got tired of BS after another. Having said that, Kentuckians strike me as kind of dumb. They want change, but only if they get the rewards. I'm not surprised at all at who they voted for.
dumb, they strike you as dumb,,,??? How can someone who doesn't vote say that???? Dumb is not voting..

NIta
 
Old 11-05-2008, 03:33 PM
 
Location: Somewhere in Kentucky
3,790 posts, read 7,437,792 times
Reputation: 2413
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
dumb, the strike you as dumb,,,??? How can someone who doesn't vote say that???? Dumb is not voting..

NIta
Even I have to commend everyone that voted, no matter for whom. You don't vote, you lose. I can never understand how people have no desire to vote.
 
Old 11-05-2008, 04:34 PM
 
Location: Woodstock, GA & Butler county KY
237 posts, read 749,406 times
Reputation: 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentuckydad95 View Post
I guess you aren't going to answer the question. Once more:

Why have KY'ians been complaining about housing, gas, food, the rest of the economy and then go out and vote for the same people? There has to be some sort of rhyme or reason to this.
So, how long is it going to take Mr. Wonderful to 'change' all this?

Washington is broken on both sides of the fence, my friend. The only way things are going to improve is if we can control spending, eliminate pork, do away with entitlement programs, & make America a more attractive place to invest in business by reducing corporate taxes as well as personal taxes on citizens. Look at the success that Ireland recently had by. doing just that.

Dig~
 
Old 11-05-2008, 05:34 PM
 
Location: Somewhere in Kentucky
3,790 posts, read 7,437,792 times
Reputation: 2413
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger57 View Post
So, how long is it going to take Mr. Wonderful to 'change' all this?

Washington is broken on both sides of the fence, my friend. The only way things are going to improve is if we can control spending, eliminate pork, do away with entitlement programs, & make America a more attractive place to invest in business by reducing corporate taxes as well as personal taxes on citizens. Look at the success that Ireland recently had by. doing just that.

Dig~
It's going to be very difficult. It's going to take time. It didn't fall apart overnight and it won't be fixed overnight. I will give it 2.5 years before I start getting uneasy about Obama. The problem is that alot of people don't even want to give the man a chance. I voted for Bush twice, so I can be patient.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top