U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2008, 05:30 AM

6,758 posts, read 14,560,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by masonsdaughter View Post
have you found out anything?
Not yet hun. I am going to call animal control and ask them when I get a chance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2008, 07:53 AM

12 posts, read 53,767 times
What I do is go to the county's web page, and look for Zoning and Planning information. I've found most counties have the info online.

Old 11-24-2008, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caroleg View Post
What I do is go to the county's web page, and look for Zoning and Planning information. I've found most counties have the info online.
Thank you!

Old 11-24-2008, 04:35 PM

I can't find anything there either but I did find this: chickenlaws.html (http://home.centurytel.net/thecitychicken/chickenlaws.html - broken link)

Old 11-26-2008, 02:06 AM

345 posts, read 809,202 times
The only rule is you cant transport game c()cks over state lines. But thats not enforced anywhere. Dont ask how i know

Old 11-28-2008, 03:55 PM

1,229 posts, read 2,239,698 times
Default Max # of chickens is 5

Apparently you can keep 4 non-crowning and one crowning bird on your property within Jefferson county. There is a WHOLE forum dedicated to those type of questions and more...

BackYardChickens Forum / Help! Need to find info on if chickens are legal in Lansing MI

Old 11-28-2008, 06:43 PM

237 posts, read 561,355 times
All this talk of chickens reminds me of my 1st batchelor pad after my divorce. It was a great little house in the middle of nowhere with a stocked pond behind it. The only problem was...it came complete with the rooster from hell. The thing couldn't evern crow right. It was some sort of 'inverted' crow or something that was very irritating. Anyway, said chicken-zilla would commence his racket just outside my bedroom window every morning. Sleeping late on weekends was NO option! So, after one Saturday morning full of non-stop racket I decided that chicken-zilla was about to eat lead. I grabbed my shotgun & ran out the front door only to discover that this, was in fact, the fastest poultry on two drumsticks! I mean that thing always knew when I was about to shoot and zagged at the precise moment to avoid #6 shot! After about two boxes of shells I gave up, nursing a sore shoulder. Meanwhile Zilla was probably rubbing hot sauce on his legs to ease the pain.

Later that afternoon my closest (an old drunk) neighbor from a mile down the road drove up & saw all the shotgun shells all over ther yard. He asked if there had been a war and I said "yep". Then he pressed further & asked who won. I just glared at him & tossed a beer & the subject was dropped.
Next morning chicken-zilla was up to his old tricks. I moved out of paradise a week later.

Dig~

Old 11-29-2008, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger57 View Post
All this talk of chickens reminds me of my 1st batchelor pad after my divorce. It was a great little house in the middle of nowhere with a stocked pond behind it. The only problem was...it came complete with the rooster from hell. The thing couldn't evern crow right. It was some sort of 'inverted' crow or something that was very irritating. Anyway, said chicken-zilla would commence his racket just outside my bedroom window every morning. Sleeping late on weekends was NO option! So, after one Saturday morning full of non-stop racket I decided that chicken-zilla was about to eat lead. I grabbed my shotgun & ran out the front door only to discover that this, was in fact, the fastest poultry on two drumsticks! I mean that thing always knew when I was about to shoot and zagged at the precise moment to avoid #6 shot! After about two boxes of shells I gave up, nursing a sore shoulder. Meanwhile Zilla was probably rubbing hot sauce on his legs to ease the pain.

Later that afternoon my closest (an old drunk) neighbor from a mile down the road drove up & saw all the shotgun shells all over ther yard. He asked if there had been a war and I said "yep". Then he pressed further & asked who won. I just glared at him & tossed a beer & the subject was dropped.
Next morning chicken-zilla was up to his old tricks. I moved out of paradise a week later.

Dig~
I am sitting here laughing my tail off Digger! Thank you so much for sharing!

Old 11-29-2008, 07:38 AM

1,238 posts, read 1,669,133 times
I have always loved the sound of a rooster crowing, but I can see where it could be annoying. Loved your post.

Old 11-29-2008, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by masonsdaughter View Post
I have always loved the sound of a rooster crowing, but I can see where it could be annoying. Loved your post.
If it is anything like my dog Dixie's squeeling howl/bark I could see why he would wanna shoot it lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky