Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2007, 03:53 AM

92 posts, read 367,885 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have any information on the Cumberland Lake area? Any input would be great!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2007, 04:18 AM

190 posts, read 812,003 times
Default Lake Cumberland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim Gallagher View Post
Does anyone have any information on the Cumberland Lake area? Any input would be great!
G' Morning Kim! Which part of the Lake area was you searching for? There's Somerset, Jamestown, etc. I have a little cabin in Pulaski County, right outside Somerset, and love the area. I can give a few links that might help.
http://www.lakecumberlandvacation.com/
http://www.lakecumberlandtourism.com/
http://www.lrn.usace.army.mil/op/wol/rec/
http://www.city-data.com/city/Jamestown-Kentucky.html
http://www.kyhometown.com/jamestown/
http://www.somersetkycityguide.com/
http://www.kyhometown.com/somerset/
http://www.city-data.com/city/Somerset-Kentucky.html

hope this helps, and let me know which area catches your eye!
~joanna~

Old 03-05-2007, 07:17 PM

Joanna Thank you so much for all the web sites, as soon as I have time I will research them. I have looked into the Somerset area. The homes seem very resonable. I grew up around the water in Upstate N.Y. St Lawrence River area and really want to find something like that, a cottage or a cabin, but year round. Some Place my husband and I can retire to. We live in Florida now, and we have to get out of here. Thanks Again Kim

Old 03-05-2007, 07:54 PM

You are heading in the right direction if you want water and retirement! I love the area, and spend most of our summers there. You might want to also check out Jamestown, Nancy, and Monticello. I really think the housing is ridiculously cheap considering the amount of lakefront property! My advise-find a good realtor from the area, tell her/him what you are hunting and have it all emailed to you.

Best of luck~! ~joanna~

Old 03-05-2007, 08:00 PM

109 posts, read 812,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kichenwich View Post
You are heading in the right direction if you want water and retirement! I love the area, and spend most of our summers there. You might want to also check out Jamestown, Nancy, and Monticello. I really think the housing is ridiculously cheap considering the amount of lakefront property! My advise-find a good realtor from the area, tell her/him what you are hunting and have it all emailed to you.

Best of luck~! ~joanna~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

KIM....This is very good info from Joanna, especially the part about getting a local Real Estate agent working for you. My better half - Donna & I did it that way, & found the home of our dreams. We bought a place in Jackson County & close on April 30th. All my research was in Madison County, but God led us elsewhere.

Good Luck to you in your endeavor.

God Bless.

Joe

Old 03-06-2007, 03:15 AM

Thank you Joe for your advice. Who was your real estate agent if you don't mind me asking? My husband and I are checking out TN and KY in May.We orginally wanted to go to TN, but it seems like everyone from FL is making a mass exodus there, and I fear it will become another FL in the future. It is hard to do everything over the web, as you really need to see the areas to get a feel to see if it a good fit. When we move this time it will be the last time, we have to get it right. We where wrong when we moved to FL. Oh well everything has a way of turning out in the long run. Take Care Kim

Old 03-06-2007, 04:17 AM

I would recommend Ford Brothers for the Pulaski/Rockcastle Co. areas. They seem to be pretty honest, and willing to work with people in any way they can to help. Just google Ford Brothers Realty. Another way is to search for the Pulaski County Board of Realtors. That should also show all the listings. ~j~

Old 03-06-2007, 09:03 AM

109 posts, read 812,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim Gallagher View Post
Thank you Joe for your advice. Who was your real estate agent if you don't mind me asking? My husband and I are checking out TN and KY in May.We orginally wanted to go to TN, but it seems like everyone from FL is making a mass exodus there, and I fear it will become another FL in the future. It is hard to do everything over the web, as you really need to see the areas to get a feel to see if it a good fit. When we move this time it will be the last time, we have to get it right. We where wrong when we moved to FL. Oh well everything has a way of turning out in the long run. Take Care Kim

Hi Kim: PM me & I'll reply that way. Don't want to put commercial info on this forum. I will say how important it is to have a Real Estate Agent who lives in the area you are looking to move/retire. Our agent has lived in the Richmond/Berea area all his life & is also a contractor. He was extremely helpful to us in our search. We sent him info on houses we thought would meet our criterea, emailed it to him, & he'd check them out.

Re Florida...I've lived in FL almost 17 years now, & it seems like only the rich will be able to live here. In 1989/1990, houses & land were relatively cheap, home insurance was reasonable.....but everything has kinda gone 'bonkers'..LOL That's one of the reasons we bought a house in KY.

I love the people I've met through this Forum. They have been a Godsend in helping Donna & myself in our search.

Good luck. God Bless

JOE

Old 03-06-2007, 04:13 PM

Thank you Joanna for all your help I will look into the realtors you suggested. Everyone on these forums are so nice, its nice to get other peoples prospectus on things.

Old 10-17-2007, 08:52 PM

1 posts, read 4,157 times
Default Does anyone know anything about Sandstone Point?

Did you ever see the Chevy Chase movie, "Funny Farm"? I've made a few phone calls to realtors, chamber of commerce, etc. And everybody seems very friendly and anxious to bring in this out of towner - from NY.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky