Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 02:10 PM

3 posts, read 5,380 times

Advertisements

is there a fha/khc loan DAP
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2009, 02:13 PM

3 posts, read 5,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEXpert View Post
I think KHC sells some of their loans and keeps some. As a realtor, I have found that most mortgage people don't know the details of these loans. Call KHC directly for questions. I had a client that wanted a carpet allowance on the contract and was doing a conventional KHC loan. Their loan officer told them you can't have a carpet allowance with a KHC loan. Turns out, it was true ONLY if they were doing an FHA KHC loan! How did we find out? I called KHC, then called to tell the mortgage guy.

can you do a loan fha/khc at the same time....

Old 05-14-2009, 10:01 AM

270 posts, read 934,537 times
Yes, you can get a FHA-insured loan through KHC. There are different DAP programs available, some are targeted toward very low-income (those are usually forgiven loans). For more moderate income folks, the DAP is provided as a 10-year amortized loan.

For the record, KHC never sells any of its loans. It retains and services all of its loans for the life of the loan.

Old 05-22-2009, 02:09 AM

98 posts, read 391,860 times
I was going to get a housing loan through Ky Housing Corp., however, I stumbled upon a loan through US Bank, with a lower interest rate, and you only have to put $1000. down. It is called the American Dream Loan. You should check it out, the extra I am saving on my interest rate is helping because the house I am looking at is in an old flood plain, and I am required by FEMA to have flood insurance. I still think the Ky Housing Corp is a great deal, too!!!!

Last edited by IrishTiltedKilt; 05-22-2009 at 02:10 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 05-22-2009, 06:07 AM

Just curious -- what rate did you lock in? I know KHC rates have dropped recently, but if you were able to find a better deal, that's great!

Old 05-22-2009, 07:54 AM

98 posts, read 391,860 times
Hi Lexingtony:
I have a 5% interest rate...you are right, I just checked the KHC rates, and the RHS loan with no points is down to 5.5%-it has really dropped, from the spike it took in late January and Feb. That is great....if it goes down anymore, I will have to re-think the American Dream loan, it has less closing costs than KHC-but if the rate is the same, I like the idea of part of the mortgage being forgiven after five years...
I haven't locked in my rate yet, I offered on a house and it was accepted. But my home inspection came back with problems, so I opted out of the deal. The owner's have since contacted me, and if they can fix all the issues, I am considering purchasing the home, as the area is really good, the house is very nice and sturdy, and I like the local people I have met and become friends with. Right now I am in the process of nailing down exactly what the owner is going to do regarding the house and if I decide to go ahead with it, my home inspector will be going back out to check and see if the issues were addressed correctly and well, or not, before I lock in a rate on my loan-and complete the deal. As I go, I will keep checking the KHC rates, Kentucky is a great state to offer this option, I wish all states would do this!!!!!

Old 05-22-2009, 08:36 AM

ITK,

You're right, 5.5% on a 0-point RHS, 5.125% with 1 point.

U.S. Bank is an approved KHC lender, so you might ask your loan officer to do a comparison, just to make sure you're getting the best deal. I'm not trying to steer you toward a KHC loan, but it does help to see the loan products side-by-side and compare fees, required MI and upfront costs. He/she should be able to provide you with a Good Faith Estimate (GFE) on both loan products.

If I can be of any help to you as you continue your purchase and plan your move to Kentucky, please don't hesitate to contact me. I'm not currently a "real estate professional" (i.e., realtor or bank loan officer), but I used to be a loan officer up until a few years ago.

Good luck -- I hope it all works out for you!

Old 06-16-2009, 08:36 AM

12 posts, read 18,191 times
I am a realtor in louisville and have had many buyers use khc with no problems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky