U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-14-2007, 03:58 PM

23 posts, read 65,948 times
Default Elisabethtown ,Radcliff or Hopkinsville

Hi ,
I need some input here .I was going to move to Kentucky .So far alot of people told me its a great place for kids .And I had one Lady that was stationed in FT Campbell tell me that the schools are bad and that there is gang problems in Hopkinsville .Is that true .Iam separating from my Huband and my kids need to be in a fun place with good schools .We have to be close to FT .Campbell or FT Knox due to Military .My kids still will use the medical and dental there .Any help is greatly appriciated .How do I find apartments on the net for the areas.Thanks ,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2007, 06:12 AM

850 posts, read 2,047,702 times
I can give you all the info you need on the Ft. Knox area - Ft. Cambell is a little further and I am not as familiar with it.

Living near Ft. Knox with kids - Elizabethtown is a very good choice - hometown feel, great schools, much to do - and close to shopping, malls, I-65, etc.

Radcliff area is closer to Knox, and is beginning to expand, but is definetly more a military town. Not alot for the kids to do, but getting better.

Google both of them, look at the school systems. See which one would better suit your kids needs - that is where I would start.

Then, think about your housing situation. In the city of E-town you can find affordable homes for sale or rent, all within close proximity to the city schools.

Check out:
http://www.newsenterpriseonline.com/
http://www.radcliffkentucky.com/ (broken link)
http://www.elizabethtownky.org/home.shtml

I think these links will at least get you started. Both towns are located within Hardin County.

Good luck to you.

Old 03-15-2007, 09:18 AM

15 posts, read 39,782 times
Default move to Hopkinsville

As a resident of Hopkinsville, I can honestly say that I am not sure what "gang" problems exist. I know that our local Police Department is tough on gangs. But, I think that's a positive stance for our community. Our Police Chief and Sheriff mean business when it comes to keeping our community safe!

I know that I never feel threatened when out in town and that my wife and kids love this place. My children are soon to be school age and I won't hesitate to put them in our schools. However, my wife does teach at a local private school so we may just keep them there.

Hopkinsville is a great place for raising a family. It's so close to Fort Campbell and less than an hour from Nashville. Check out www.movetohopkinsville.com for more information!

Old 04-01-2007, 05:39 PM

8 posts, read 35,006 times
Red face Hopkinsville

My husband and I are retired Coast Guard and seeking a mid-sized community with good health care, shopping (a mall) and good priced homes with reasonable property taxes. We live in Western Washington and the cost of living here for retirees can be daunting. What are some of the good subdivisions in the area in the price range of about 100 to 125K? Quiet and well-maintained is impt to us. How far a drive is it to Fort Campbell from Hopkinsville? Thanks for any addl info you can think of. Pat Carter
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky