U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2007, 07:05 PM

3 posts, read 8,590 times

Advertisements

Hi, my husband and I am looking to relocate to Grandrivers. We have heard that Grandrivers has one of the largest quarrys in the united states. Is that true and can anyone confirm the dumptrucks that might have work all year long? My husband has his own business, he has a tandem dump truck and that is how we make our living is by him working his truck. We are wanting to make sure that he will be able to get the work we need to survive and find out about the rates on renting and price of living in Grandriver. My husband is 37 and I'm 28 we have 2 children 9 & 4. We would appreciate any info for working our dumptruck, price of living and schools aroung the district. Also is there a web site that I can look at to find homes for rent and sale in the area? We are wanting to move asap. We live in Jerseyville, IL and this small town is just getting to big. I have always loved Kentucky and my fathers family last name TIDWELL is from Kentucky and I mean from all over in Kentucky so this state is the most beatuiful quiet place and everyone is just so nice and no one knows a stranger and I have never felt so welcomed as much as my husband and I did when we came to Louville last October. Any info would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you very much Jamie & Cory
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2007, 06:01 AM

850 posts, read 2,667,963 times
Guys - the best place to start is with the local newspaper and the Chamber of Commerce.

http://www.grandrivers.com/
http://www.explorekentuckylake.com/g...sportation.htm

I have searched for the local paper - and have been unable to find it - although I know it exists. When you find the contact info at the Grandrivers site, contact them and ask for a list of businesses in the area, places that are hiring, and a relocation package.

My Grandfather lived in Tiline and Smithland for many, many years, and my cousin graduated from Livingston Central. It is a great, country place with the friendliest people around.

I have no idea what the job market and housing market is like there right now - but hopefully the links above will help.

Good Luck!

Old 03-19-2007, 06:41 AM

14 posts, read 38,180 times
Another site to check out is www.kentuckylakeonline.com it has the lakes area and other surrounding areas for real estate and such. We live on Lake barkley and we LOVE it here! Marshall county in my opinion is the best for school systems in the local area. We have a son in the 6th grade now but we live in Lyon County. Check the site out...any other ?'s just ask I will try my best to answer them! good Luck!

Old 03-20-2007, 12:39 PM

Thank you for the websites for the paper, I'm going to try that site and see if I can pull up any information on employment for myself and my husband has his dump truck we just need to find out on any trucking companies hiring or looking for any additional dump trucks to add onto their flete of trucks. Thank you so much for all the information this is greatly appreciated. My husband told me to get a home lined out and get any information on the quarrys and their truck rates and we can pack up and go asap. So , this zweb site and all the members are great and have been so much help. We are hoping to move by the beginning of June. We are just ready to move to a different area and we love the state of kentucky very beautiful!!
Thanks again: JAMIE & CORY QUINN

Old 03-20-2007, 12:45 PM

Thanks for the website, I'm going to check it our here very shortly today. I appreciate all of your help. My husband has left it up to me to find a home to move to and find our a little information on the quarry for his dump truck business and them he said to start packing and we can taker off asap. We are hoping to take off from here by June 1st. I just hope that I.m able to find employment for myself. Management if anyone knows of a larger corporation where I may be able to get my foot thru the door. I have a Bachelor Degree in applied Science. Again thank you so much for all the help we will be a resident of Kentucky hopefully by June and I would like to say thank you to everyone that has help .

JAMIE & CORY QUINN
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
View detailed profiles of: