Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2009, 11:24 PM

3 posts, read 10,713 times

Advertisements

Hello!
I'm in college and I'm thinking about relocating to Kentucky from Texas! I love simple life and I have lived in a small town all my life. I'm so tired of Texas HEAT..I'm ready for four seasons! From what I have researched online, Bowling Green seems great.. too good to be true though?? What's the pros and cons...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2009, 10:29 AM

8,754 posts, read 10,165,376 times
Bowling Green is a very nice town and I think you will like it. I guess you are going to attend WKU and I can highly recommend that also. Do you have specific questions about Bowling Green?

Old 02-25-2009, 01:39 PM

Traffic? Is is a safe area? Is there much for college kids to do?? etc.. any information is welcome

Old 02-25-2009, 03:11 PM

80 posts, read 247,274 times
Traffic can sometimes be a pain---at certain times of the day...especially on Scottsville Road as you're heading out towards I-65.

BG is a fairly safe city. Clean. Friendly. I like it.

Old 02-25-2009, 03:26 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,165,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggtx View Post
Traffic? Is is a safe area? Is there much for college kids to do?? etc.. any information is welcome

It is pretty safe except for certain areas. Campus has good security. Traffic can be a pain at rush hour, but nothing like Nashville or Louisville. There are a lot of activities for students. WKU has always been a noted party school, which was ok when I went there but not so great now that my son goes there...lol. It is a very friendly campus and school and even though WKU has about 20,0000 students, it still maintains a smaller college feel with class size and such.

Old 02-25-2009, 10:07 PM

31 posts, read 96,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggtx View Post
Traffic sucks if you wanna travel down Scottsville Rd, Campbell Ln, or Nashville Rd on a regular basis. It can also be annoying elsewhere, but these are the real nightmare spots.

WKU is changing on what seems a daily basis, and that change is in a good direction. In my four years at WKU I have seen it grown and really become a beautiful campus.

Downtown (the old part of town) there are some bars that everyone hangs out at. Tidballs hosts local bands, which by the way we have some great local music (cage the elephant is a great example).

Theres a baseball stadium going up downtown and buildings being razed and buildings being constructed...BG is in the midst of a redevelopment and it really seems to be improving.

We've got a nice selection of shops here and of course you can always go down to Nashville. This is where many go for a lot of fun. Theres a whole strip of bars and clubs and the drive is only about an hour.

If your the outdoors type we've got all sorts of small parks around town as well as the huge Mammoth Cave park just to the north. If you really wanna go somewhere fun, you can travel west about 1.5 hours and go to Land Between the Lakes.

Old 02-25-2009, 10:09 PM

31 posts, read 96,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
It is pretty safe except for certain areas. Campus has good security. Traffic can be a pain at rush hour, but nothing like Nashville or Louisville. There are a lot of activities for students. WKU has always been a noted party school, which was ok when I went there but not so great now that my son goes there...lol. It is a very friendly campus and school and even though WKU has about 20,0000 students, it still maintains a smaller college feel with class size and such.
Totally agree, you would never think WKU has so many students until you tried to park!!

I have only had one class in all my years that was over 30 ppl!! It was a gen ed course as well, so all majors had to take it.

Old 02-26-2009, 12:24 AM
HDM

41 posts, read 111,229 times
Which part of Texas? I just moved to BG from Houston a few months ago.

Old 02-26-2009, 11:31 AM

102 posts, read 323,801 times
Ive always liked Bowling Green.

Personally I prefer larger cities like Louisville and Lexington, but Bowling Green is a very nice town.

Good luck.

Computer Repair Louisville KY

Old 02-27-2009, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDM View Post
Which part of Texas? I just moved to BG from Houston a few months ago.

about 70 miles east of dallas... small town!!
p.s. i don't like houston AT ALL!! lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky