Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2009, 05:37 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,120,582 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishtom29 View Post
I lived in Lexington for three years.

It seems every goddam hospital you see claims to be a "top 100" hospital, there must be thousands of them. Kind'a like the marching band contests in which everyone goes home with a prize.

Schools in Chicago are pretty bad but Illinois in general easily tops Kentucky. The University of Illinois is more noted for it's Nobel Prize winners than it's basketball players; people in Illinois think that's good, I imagine people in Kentucky think that's bad given what Kentuckians demand of UK.

Do you know how many groundbreaking medical procedures have been first performed in Kentucky? Louisville has some of the best doctors in the world and U of L leads the way in many forms of medical research including but not limited to transplant surgery and heart surgery and research of all sorts. The first hand transplant was performed in Lousiville along with many other firsts too numerous to mention. Maybe we are just more well rounded in that we can produce world leading medical research and more than one good basketball team statewide.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2009, 07:11 PM

10,261 posts, read 21,648,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
Do you know how many groundbreaking medical procedures have been first performed in Kentucky? Louisville has some of the best doctors in the world and U of L leads the way in many forms of medical research including but not limited to transplant surgery and heart surgery and research of all sorts. The first hand transplant was performed in Lousiville along with many other firsts too numerous to mention.
Very informative. But health and healthcare in Kentucky are below the national average and very poor in several categories.

It's not that there aren't some excellent things in Kentucky. It's that the gravy doesn't get spread around very well and that so many are content that it's so.

Old 03-30-2009, 07:24 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,269,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InLondon View Post
Sorry to hear that, oh well. It's a great state to live in. Some are just blind...

Yea okay, your state is awesome

Quote:
Do you know how many groundbreaking medical procedures have been first performed in Kentucky? Louisville has some of the best doctors in the world and U of L leads the way in many forms of medical research including but not limited to transplant surgery and heart surgery and research of all sorts. The first hand transplant was performed in Lousiville along with many other firsts too numerous to mention. Maybe we are just more well rounded in that we can produce world leading medical research and more than one good basketball team statewide.
It's also laughable to say Chicago's Medical field second to Kentucky. So great are the Kentucky Medical programs UK is rated the 61st best and U of L is NOT ranked. While you have 2 Chicago Med schools in the top 25. Maybe not as great as you Kentuckians think.

Link

Old 03-30-2009, 07:44 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,120,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
Yea okay, your state is awesome

It's also laughable to say Chicago's Medical field second to Kentucky. So great are the Kentucky Medical programs UK is rated the 61st best and U of L is NOT ranked. While you have 2 Chicago Med schools in the top 25. Maybe not as great as you Kentuckians think.

Link

Nobody said anything about Chicago being second to Kentucky in the medical field. I guess reading comprehension is not so great in Illinois.

Old 03-30-2009, 07:47 PM

200 posts, read 804,223 times
Once again Irishtom, I am compelled to ask.... Why do you care? You obviously have no ties or special place in your heart for the state.

Old 03-30-2009, 07:49 PM

Its the school system... Those poor people up there. I wish they would stand up for themselves when it comes to K-12 public education.

Quote:
Nobody said anything about Chicago being second to Kentucky in the medical field. I guess reading comprehension is not so great in Illinois.

Old 03-30-2009, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie40829 View Post
Once again Irishtom, I am compelled to ask.... Why do you care? You obviously have no ties or special place in your heart for the state.

Why I care is not your concern. Nor do my motives change the facts discussed.

Old 03-30-2009, 08:26 PM

Um yes it does, when you distort the facts or the truths... dont get mad at me because i backed you in the corner. I can debate you all night long old man. I dont care a bit. I kinda feel sorry for you that you have to go onto a former state that you have lived in's forum and try to dog it down. What a sad sad life you must lead but hey im a good person so lets have a lively discussion? yes? Oh oh I know! Lets discuss the Chicago public schools.... or or or the chaos in springfield.... or Chicaco city hall.... or gang violence.... I mean heck we can swing stuff back at you. No state is perfect. I mean as long as we are discussing facts..... debate away!

Old 03-30-2009, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie40829 View Post
Its the school system... Those poor people up there. I wish they would stand up for themselves when it comes to K-12 public education.

Ranking states by percentage of adults with a bachelor's degree Kentucky is 48th, Illinois is 14th. This according to the U.S. Census.

Old 03-30-2009, 08:29 PM

... I said K-12..... lol. Man we gotta do somethin about those Chicago Public Schools!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky