U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-25-2009, 12:16 AM

98 posts, read 174,575 times

Advertisements

I'm moving from a town of 3,500 people before that I lived my life on the southside of Chicago.I found out the hard way that,me and my family small towns don't work out good.Just to much gossip,to much travel for the things you need,I like to live stress free you know.I have 6 kids im white,and wife is mexican which means the kids are half and half.They all look white but 2,still i want no racial disrespect at them,or there mom.We are looking for a town like E town ive been there once seemed nice,actually got married there,anyways where we dont have to travel to walmart,or walgreens.yet warmer weather than we get in chicago I have arthrits and it complicates tjings..My price range is 160k and under low property taxes would be great and 4 bedrooms anybody guide me in the right direction?Im also looking at tenn the Nashville area La Vergne I here is nice,and N.C the the north west part??Anybody help me be so mice right now we have no clue,and scared to move south stero types etc..Big move for us..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2009, 03:30 PM

3,831 posts, read 8,153,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw79 View Post
I'm moving from a town of 3,500 people before that I lived my life on the southside of Chicago.I found out the hard way that,me and my family small towns don't work out good.Just to much gossip,to much travel for the things you need,I like to live stress free you know.I have 6 kids im white,and wife is mexican which means the kids are half and half.They all look white but 2,still i want no racial disrespect at them,or there mom.We are looking for a town like E town ive been there once seemed nice,actually got married there,anyways where we dont have to travel to walmart,or walgreens.yet warmer weather than we get in chicago I have arthrits and it complicates tjings..My price range is 160k and under low property taxes would be great and 4 bedrooms anybody guide me in the right direction?Im also looking at tenn the Nashville area La Vergne I here is nice,and N.C the the north west part??Anybody help me be so mice right now we have no clue,and scared to move south stero types etc..Big move for us..
You will be fine. People dont care about your race or your wife or childrens Elizabethtown is a nice area. You might also consider some closer in exurbs of Louisville like Mt Washington, Shepherdsville, and La Grange. Also, there are lots of hispanics in Shelbyville, and I think you may really enjoy this area.

If you move to TN or NC, you will be moving with the masses. I'd come to KY to avoid the overcrowding that is starting to plague those states as northerners like you move south.

Old 03-25-2009, 03:47 PM

4,807 posts, read 8,134,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw79 View Post
You didn't share your job location. If you are a part of the Ft Knox influx, E-town is your choice place, with maybe a lean towards the Fairdale/Pleasure Ridge Park (PRP)/Auburndale areas of SW Jefferson County.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky