Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2009, 10:57 PM

128 posts, read 845,571 times

Advertisements

We're thinking of relocating to Indiana or northern Kentucky. Our current state has ONE website every Realtor is required to use.... They may use their own website in addition to the state MLS website, but they still must list all houses on the main Alaska state MLS website. Makes it much easier to find a house that way! One stop shopping with the exception of FSBO's.

We'll be looking in southern Indiana (Evansville, Tell City, anything in between or within an hours driving distance from. So Kentucky we would consider places close to Henderson, Owensborough, or anything on the Kentucky side of Tell City, IN.

So I have a few questions....

1. Does Kentucky have one main MLS/real estate website that all realtors use?

2. If not, what is the best website(s) to look for listings?

3. FSBO website?

4. Is there good house rental sites too?

So far we're using:
Craigslist.com
Real Estate Listings, Homes for Sale and Rental Property Listings – REALTOR.com®
BuyHomesNow.com

and for rentals
Evansville Home Rental
Craigslist.com

The Courier & Press news (Evansville, IN) has a section for real estate but it's not really user friendly - If I get lots of recommendations to use it anyway I will.

Thanks for any advise!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2009, 02:34 AM

8,754 posts, read 10,163,979 times
You might try using Remax.com which a lot of people find very user friendly. You can go to advanced search and search cities, zip codes, certain subdivision, and even certain addresses.

Old 04-04-2009, 05:37 AM

914 posts, read 1,982,494 times
I've been house hunting for the last couple of months. In central Kentucky (Louisville to Lexington and in between) the best website, by far, is the semonin.com map search function. The map search enables you to search according to geography, price, size, bedrooms, baths, etc, and it places each house on a map so you know exactly where it is located.

Nationwide the best I've found is realtor.com. It includes every mls in the country and also has a good map function, although it isn't as good as semonin.

Old 04-04-2009, 05:43 AM

11,082 posts, read 17,525,111 times
Realtor.com is very good. And as far as the MLS listing, what we did in our home search was click on the web site of any of the realtors in the area that will be on the page with the home, then run all the MLS numbers of homes we wanted to check through their web site.

Old 04-04-2009, 07:56 AM

9,512 posts, read 9,076,088 times
For this area, semonin.com is a good one. Lots of search engine options.

Old 04-04-2009, 12:00 PM

Remax.com has all mls listings also, not just those listed with Remax and you can define your search much more narrowly than Realtor.com.

Old 04-04-2009, 02:09 PM

11,082 posts, read 17,525,111 times
More narrowly than realtor? Wow! If you can narrow it down more than the town, number of bedrooms and bathrooms, and the price range you want, you're doing good! lol

Old 04-04-2009, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kygman View Post
More narrowly than realtor? Wow! If you can narrow it down more than the town, number of bedrooms and bathrooms, and the price range you want, you're doing good! lol

On the advanced search, you can narrow it right down to the county, subdivision of choice, and even street address. Even before I was in real estate, I always used Remax's website because it was so good. I have a lot of people comment about it being so user friendly. Realtor.com is also good, but for very specific searches I like Remax.

Old 04-05-2009, 08:45 PM

128 posts, read 845,571 times
Thanks for all the tips!

I've tried all of them and it seems Realtor.com and Century21 are my favorites. The map feature is GREAT on C21. Semonin.com had a great map search too but was missing several houses the other sites had and when I put in a minimum lot amount it choked and came back with 0 houses.

We're looking for something with a minimum of 4 acres or (19360 sqft). NONE of the sites are really helpful when it comes to those type of search options.

Anyway I'll be checking back if anyone else has anything to add.

Thanks again!

Old 04-05-2009, 08:51 PM

9,512 posts, read 9,076,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossco View Post
Thanks for all the tips!

I've tried all of them and it seems Realtor.com and Century21 are my favorites. The map feature is GREAT on C21. Semonin.com had a great map search too but was missing several houses the other sites had and when I put in a minimum lot amount it choked and came back with 0 houses.

We're looking for something with a minimum of 4 acres or (19360 sqft). NONE of the sites are really helpful when it comes to those type of search options.

Anyway I'll be checking back if anyone else has anything to add.

Thanks again!
www.semonin.com lets you search by acreage - starting with 1/2 acres and up - you might have to search with 5+ more acres but it'll be a lot easier than picking through hundreds of 'selected' homes on other sites. You can search by map, city, and radius (from a known address). Best site for the region - hands down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky